When I was shopping this afternoon, I can’t help but buy a rather big portion of pumpkin as the price is very reasonable. If I do not remember wrong, about 1 kg (including skin) of the pumpkin only cost me S$2.00.
Since kids has every mentioned to me that they wanted to try pumpkin soup, I have decided to prepare pumpkin soup for dinner. I know it will be fast, easy and tasty as pumpkin in itself is creamy and sweet.
In order to add to the creaminess of the soup, instead of adding cream, i have use cheese instead. Therefore it is a rather cheesy, thick pumpkin soup. The cheese I selected is Gruyere cheese which has a stronger cheesy flavour. I bought mine at Fairprice supermarket and if you can’t find these, you can always substitute with other cheeses such as cheddar or parmesan cheese.
Kids love this soup to bits. As expected, anything thick, creamy and cheesy kids will definitely like it ..
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: 2-3 adult servings
- 500 grams of pumpkin flesh
- 50-100 grams of gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- one big onion
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- Pinches of salt
- Dashes of white pepper
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Skin off the pumpkin and cut into small pieces. Slice the onion into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- In a pan, melt the butter and sauté the onion until soft and aromatic. Add the sliced pumpkin followed by chicken stock. The chicken stock is for estimation and it must be able to cover the pumpkin completely. Bring to boil and once it boils, reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer until the pumpkin is soft. Off the heat.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until fine. Pour the blended mixture to a pot, add pinches of salt and dashes of white pepper followed by the shredded cheese. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes until the cheeses melted. Off the heat the pumpkin soup is ready to be served.
This is a simple recipe and if you like mushroom soup, you ought to give this simple soup a try.
If you like the post and think that the recipe is of help to you, please click on any advertisement and I may be earning 1-2 cents with each click to finance to blog. Your click will not lead you to malicious website as they are all governed by Google Inc. You can click and leave the site after entering without leaving any trails. You have no obligation to do so but it does help bloggers to share more recipe. Cheers and have nice day.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.