I had 3 apples sitting in my fridge for ages and it seemed that no body wanted to have them so I thought I might as well used it to prepare some cakes. In fact, I have a few choices. One is to prepare an apple crumble pie as in this post: Small Appetite Foodie’s Apple Pie
Or I can prepared the Greek Apple Cake as in this post: Greek Apple Cake (Milopita) With Brown Sugar Walnut Glaze (希腊苹果蛋糕）
Then I thought since I never had an apple muffin recipe before, so I decided to design an apple muffin recipe.
When I posted in Chinese Facebook Group, one member remarked that the muffins look rough and she wonder how is the structure. I think she referred to the crumble on top of the muffins and I told her it is the crumbles on top of the muffins that differentiate these muffins with other recipes. On the contrary, my wife said that the rough crumble was delicious and demanded for more in my next attempt. Well, these crumbles are basically just pie crust or type of short bread, it complements well with the muffins and I myself like the crunchy crumbles.
Don’t doubt if these muffins are moist. Any bakes with fruit puree will definitely be very moist . However, freshly baked muffins tends to be drier and will become moister after it was placed on the table overnight. We finished all the muffins for two breakfast and there is no complain in the house at all.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: 6-8 muffins depend on size
- 150 grams of shredded apples
- 100 grams of melted butter
- 200 grams of self raising flour
- 150 grams of white sugar or brown sugar
- 50 grams of fresh milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 2 eggs
- 90 grams of plain flour
- 60 grams of cold cut butter
- 30 grams of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Put all the crumble ingredients in a bowl. Use finger tips to rub the butter against the flour until it resemble coarse crumble form.
- Shred the apple, add the eggs, melted butter and milk. Use a tablespoon to stir until well mixed.
- In another dry bowl, sift the self raising flour, baking soda and cinnamon powder. Add the sugar, stir until well mixed and make a well in the centre. Add the apple egg mixture. Use a fork or flat bladed knife to swiftly and quickly mix the batter. Do not over mix and lumpy batter is acceptable. Fill the muffin cups with the batter until 75% full, top with the crumble and bake in the pre-heated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 20-25 minutes or when a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Another simple recipe and nothing to shout about. Do give it a try if you are an apple fan.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have nice day. Should there be any imperfections in my blog layout, bear with me and I am trying hard to rectify it. In the event that you are a follower of Guaishushu at http://kwgls.wordpress.com, please do follow this new blog Guaishushu1 at https://www.guaishushu1.com.
For more recipes, you can refer to my RECIPE INDEX (updated as at 13 March 2015) here and you can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.
- A Trendy Mooncake Festival Snack Dan Huang Su AKA Salted Egg Yolk Flaky Pastry or 蛋黄酥
- Celery Braised Pan Fried Fish (芹菜半煎煮鱼）
- Chinese New Year Recipes–Mixed Nuts Florentine (杂果仁脆片）
- Classic Zucchini Slices (夏南瓜切片小吃）
- Old Timer Delights: Soft Coconut Sweets or Candy (古早味椰子软糖）
- Teochew aka Chaozhou Sweet And Savoury Dumplings (潮汕双拼肉粽）
- Macadamia Pitted Dates (夏果椰枣）
- Vegetarian Nonya Rice Dumpling (娘惹素粽）
- Fried Dace With Fermented Black Beans (豆豉鲮鱼）
- Classic Baked Sweet Potatoes (烤地瓜）
- Cheesy Pumpkin Soup (芝士金瓜浓汤）
- Sambal Haebeehiam Glutinous Rice Dumpling aka Chilli Dried Shrimp Floss Dumpling (辣虾米鬆粽子）
- Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms With Bacons (奶酪培根烤波托贝罗蘑菇）
- Red Yeast Rice Residue Chicken aka Hong Zao Ji (酒香红糟鸡）
- Cheesy Baked Prawns (奶酪烤虾）
- Baked Chicken In Garlic Cheddar Sauces (蒜香芝士酱烤鸡）
- Chinese Gozabi Dessert: Flour Tea aka Mee Teh (古早味面茶）
- Fermented Black Soya Bean Minced Meat (豆豉炒肉末）
- Homemade Sour Mustard or Sour Vegetable (家居自制酸菜）
- Red Bean Alkaline Dumplings (红豆碱水粽）
- July 2019 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (8)
- April 2017 (9)
- March 2017 (16)
- February 2017 (18)
- January 2017 (13)
- December 2016 (13)
- November 2016 (24)
- October 2016 (19)
- September 2016 (19)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (27)
- June 2016 (14)
- May 2016 (25)
- April 2016 (23)
- March 2016 (27)
- February 2016 (24)
- January 2016 (20)
- December 2015 (18)
- November 2015 (18)
- October 2015 (23)
- September 2015 (20)
- August 2015 (17)
- July 2015 (19)
- June 2015 (16)
- May 2015 (18)
- April 2015 (23)
- March 2015 (26)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (14)
- December 2014 (23)
- November 2014 (24)
- October 2014 (26)
- September 2014 (27)
- August 2014 (27)
- July 2014 (28)
- June 2014 (24)
- May 2014 (20)
- April 2014 (21)
- March 2014 (23)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (19)
- December 2013 (24)
- November 2013 (25)
- October 2013 (27)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (37)
- July 2013 (36)
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (88)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (1)
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.
- 7,103,788 hits