I had 3 apples sitting in my fridge for ages and it seemed that no body wanted to have them so I thought I might as well used it to prepare some cakes. In fact, I have a few choices. One is to prepare an apple crumble pie as in this post: Small Appetite Foodie’s Apple Pie
Or I can prepared the Greek Apple Cake as in this post: Greek Apple Cake (Milopita) With Brown Sugar Walnut Glaze (希腊苹果蛋糕）
Then I thought since I never had an apple muffin recipe before, so I decided to design an apple muffin recipe.
When I posted in Chinese Facebook Group, one member remarked that the muffins look rough and she wonder how is the structure. I think she referred to the crumble on top of the muffins and I told her it is the crumbles on top of the muffins that differentiate these muffins with other recipes. On the contrary, my wife said that the rough crumble was delicious and demanded for more in my next attempt. Well, these crumbles are basically just pie crust or type of short bread, it complements well with the muffins and I myself like the crunchy crumbles.
Don’t doubt if these muffins are moist. Any bakes with fruit puree will definitely be very moist . However, freshly baked muffins tends to be drier and will become moister after it was placed on the table overnight. We finished all the muffins for two breakfast and there is no complain in the house at all.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: 6-8 muffins depend on size
- 150 grams of shredded apples
- 100 grams of melted butter
- 200 grams of self raising flour
- 150 grams of white sugar or brown sugar
- 50 grams of fresh milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 90 grams of plain flour
- 60 grams of cold cut butter
- 30 grams of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Put all the crumble ingredients in a bowl. Use finger tips to rub the butter against the flour until it resemble coarse crumble form.
- Shred the apple, add the eggs, melted butter and milk. Use a tablespoon to stir until well mixed.
- In another dry bowl, sift the self raising flour, baking soda and cinnamon powder. Add the sugar, stir until well mixed and make a well in the centre. Add the apple egg mixture. Use a fork or flat bladed knife to swiftly and quickly mix the batter. Do not over mix and lumpy batter is acceptable. Fill the muffin cups with the batter until 75% full, top with the crumble and bake in the pre-heated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 20-25 minutes or when a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Another simple recipe and nothing to shout about. Do give it a try if you are an apple fan.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have nice day. Should there be any imperfections in my blog layout, bear with me and I am trying hard to rectify it. In the event that you are a follower of Guaishushu at http://kwgls.wordpress.com, please do follow this new blog Guaishushu1 at http://www.guaishushu1.com.
For more recipes, you can refer to my RECIPE INDEX (updated as at 13 March 2015) here and you can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.
- Homemade Yoghurt (家居自制酸奶）
- Vietnamese Spring Rolls Recipe aka Gỏi cuốn (越式春卷)
- Horlicks Chiffon (好立克戚风蛋糕）
- Tandoori Chicken And Chicken Tikka Masala (唐杜里鸡和马萨拉鸡 தந்தூரி சிக்கன், சிக்கன் டிக்கா மசாலா）
- Sweet Long Life Noodles (甜面）
- Stir Fry Potatoes Cubes With Chicken Franks (香肠炒土豆丁）
- Thailand Green Chicken Curry aka Gaeng Kiaw Wan Neua (泰国绿咖喱鸡 แกงเขียวหวานไก่ไทย)
- Basic Hand Knead Bread Recipe (手揉面包食谱）
- Classic Malay Dishes Recipe: Korma Chicken aka Ayam Kurma (科尔马鸡肉）
- Tuna Overnight Rice Muffins (吞拿鱼隔夜饭咸香马芬）
- Mustard Green Stewed Pork Braised Rice (Kai Choy Fan or Tua Cai Png) (芥菜焖饭）
- Shredded Cuttlefish Stir Fried With Pork (鱿鱼丝炒五花肉）
- Sliced Potatoes Stir Fry With Minced Meat (土豆片炒肉末）
- Cantonese Style Mung Bean Rice Dumplings (粤式绿豆咸肉粽）
- Braised Duck With Sea Cucumber (海参焖鸭）
- Parmesan Cheese Butter Cake (帕马森干酪牛油蛋糕）
- Dual Eggs Chinese Spinach aka Amaranth Soup (金银蛋苋菜汤）
- Classic Chinese Mixed Vegetable Dish aka Cha Chap Chye (中式炒什菜）
- Korean BBQ Sauce Stewed Chicken Mid Wings (韩国烧烤酱鸡翼）
- Corn Muffins (玉蜀黍/玉米马芬）
- March 2017 (14)
- February 2017 (18)
- January 2017 (13)
- December 2016 (13)
- November 2016 (24)
- October 2016 (19)
- September 2016 (19)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (27)
- June 2016 (14)
- May 2016 (25)
- April 2016 (23)
- March 2016 (27)
- February 2016 (24)
- January 2016 (20)
- December 2015 (18)
- November 2015 (18)
- October 2015 (23)
- September 2015 (20)
- August 2015 (17)
- July 2015 (19)
- June 2015 (16)
- May 2015 (18)
- April 2015 (23)
- March 2015 (26)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (14)
- December 2014 (23)
- November 2014 (24)
- October 2014 (26)
- September 2014 (27)
- August 2014 (27)
- July 2014 (28)
- June 2014 (24)
- May 2014 (20)
- April 2014 (21)
- March 2014 (23)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (19)
- December 2013 (24)
- November 2013 (25)
- October 2013 (27)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (37)
- July 2013 (36)
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (88)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (1)
- 2,842,228 hits