I did not purposely buy Ferrero Rocher for these muffins. Every year during Christmas, Chinese New Year, Mid Autumn Festival, my house will have these classy and tasty chocolate snacks either from friends or relatives. My kids loved chocolate but they are not chocolate monster, the most they will take per session is 1-2 Ferrero Rocher. My wife do not really like this brand and I seldom eat also. Therefore, I have to think of ways to get rid of these rather costly gifts in my house.
I already have 3 recipes using Ferrero Rocher and my most welcoming recipes by the readers is Ferrero Rocher butter cake as in this post: Rich Man’s Butter Cake?–Ferrero Rocher Butter Cake or Hazelnut Butter Cake or Oreo Butter Cake （金莎牛油蛋糕） Many readers have tried this recipe and I have never heard of any negative feedbacks from them.
Last year, I shared a recipe on a layer cheesecake: Ferrero Rocher Layered Cheese Cake (金莎千层奶酪蛋糕）. Actually for this recipe , there is no need to add Ferrero Rocher but adding it to this simple cheesecake will improve its status and make it a classy dessert.
During my first year of blogging, I used Ferrero Rocher to prepare an ice-cream cheesecake as in this post: Simple, Tasty, Elegant …Chilled Ferrero Rocher Oreo Ice Cream Cheese Cake . Just before I did this recipe, I used up another smaller box to prepare the ice cream cake as below.
With a big box of Ferrero Rocher sitting in my shelf, I have decided to design a Ferrero Rocher muffin. This muffin is designed for hardcore Ferrero Rocher addicts and this recipe requires about 24 Ferrero Rocher with an average of 3 Ferrero Rocher in a muffin with one Ferrero Rocher stuffed inside the muffin. However, you have the choice to use less Ferrero Rocher if you opt out to decorate the muffin with Ferrero Rocher.
With such sinful ingredient, I have decided not to do any frosting for the muffins. In fact muffins do not need frostings, only cupcakes have frosting. However, if you insists and you want an easy, stay in shape frosting recipe, you can refer to this post (Red Velvet Cupcake With White Chocolate Frosting) for the white chocolate frosting recipe. I strongly recommend this frosting recipe as it is easy to pipe, and it stayed in shape at room temperature.
The muffin recipe is mine but I can’t claim that the concept is mine. There are many such cupcake in the internet with some Ferrero Rocher stuffed inside. I long knew that there is such a type of cupcake and when I designed the recipe, I have decided to incorporate into this concept.
I am happy with the texture of the muffins. I definitely do not have any complain about the taste as anything prepared with Ferrero Rocher will be delicious with a distinct hazelnut fragrance. The only disappointment is the stuffed Ferrero Rocher refused to stay in the centre. They move a bit upwards towards the top . Well, I do not know exactly what is happening but I believed this happens possibly because it is a moist muffins with rather watery batter. I have amended the procedure for the readers and I hope with this amendment, they stay put at the bottom. I will need to wait for reader’s feedback and see if there is any further amendment required for the recipe. Whatever it is, taste and texture are the same, just some perfectionist thinking of wanting the Ferrero Rocher stay put in where it was supposed to be..
As with all my other muffins recipes, all muffins are simple and fast to do. For this muffin, there is only one additional step to blend the Ferrero Rocher. If you do not have a food processor, just put the Ferrero Rocher in a plastic bag and use some thing heavy to pound it. It will also produce a beautiful muffin.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: Prepare 6-8 muffins depend on size
- 8 Ferrero Rocher chocolate for blending
- 125 grams of butter, melted
- 125 grams of brown sugar or white sugar
- 160 grams of self raising flour
- 30 grams of cocoa powder
- 70 grams of fresh milk
- 2 eggs
- 8 Ferrero Rocher chocolate for stuffing
- 8 Ferrero Rocher chocolate for decoration
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius
- Blend all the dry ingredients (sugar, ferrero rocher, self raising flour , cocoa powder). Set aside. If you do not have the food processor, just break the Ferrero Rocher and mixed with the flour, sugar and cocoa powder.
- Crack eggs and add to melted butter. Add milk and use a fork to stir until well mixed.
- Transfer the dry ingredients from the blender to a big mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add the wet ingredients gradually.
- Stir until well combined. Transfer 2 tablespoons of the batter to the muffin cups, put a Ferrero Rocher on the centre, cover the Ferrero Rocher until the batter reaches about 80% of the muffin cup. Bake in the pre-heated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer insert into the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
- Lightly dig some hole on top of the muffin and put another Ferrero Rocher on top of the muffin before serving. If you require frosting, my recommended frosting will be: Red Velvet Cupcake With White Chocolate Frosting.
These are costly muffins but the taste is awesome. You can always use the same concept and stuff some thing in the muffin if you do not have extra Ferrero Rocher. Since Easter is approaching, why not stuff some Easter chocolate egg to surprise your guest?
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have nice day. Should there be any imperfections in my blog layout, bear with me and I am trying hard to rectify it. In the event that you are a follower of Guaishushu at http://kwgls.wordpress.com, please do follow this new blog Guaishushu1 at https://www.guaishushu1.com.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.
- A Trendy Mooncake Festival Snack Dan Huang Su AKA Salted Egg Yolk Flaky Pastry or 蛋黄酥
- Celery Braised Pan Fried Fish (芹菜半煎煮鱼）
- Chinese New Year Recipes–Mixed Nuts Florentine (杂果仁脆片）
- Classic Zucchini Slices (夏南瓜切片小吃）
- Old Timer Delights: Soft Coconut Sweets or Candy (古早味椰子软糖）
- Teochew aka Chaozhou Sweet And Savoury Dumplings (潮汕双拼肉粽）
- Macadamia Pitted Dates (夏果椰枣）
- Vegetarian Nonya Rice Dumpling (娘惹素粽）
- Fried Dace With Fermented Black Beans (豆豉鲮鱼）
- Classic Baked Sweet Potatoes (烤地瓜）
- Cheesy Pumpkin Soup (芝士金瓜浓汤）
- Sambal Haebeehiam Glutinous Rice Dumpling aka Chilli Dried Shrimp Floss Dumpling (辣虾米鬆粽子）
- Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms With Bacons (奶酪培根烤波托贝罗蘑菇）
- Red Yeast Rice Residue Chicken aka Hong Zao Ji (酒香红糟鸡）
- Cheesy Baked Prawns (奶酪烤虾）
- Baked Chicken In Garlic Cheddar Sauces (蒜香芝士酱烤鸡）
- Chinese Gozabi Dessert: Flour Tea aka Mee Teh (古早味面茶）
- Fermented Black Soya Bean Minced Meat (豆豉炒肉末）
- Homemade Sour Mustard or Sour Vegetable (家居自制酸菜）
- Red Bean Alkaline Dumplings (红豆碱水粽）
- July 2019 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (8)
- April 2017 (9)
- March 2017 (16)
- February 2017 (18)
- January 2017 (13)
- December 2016 (13)
- November 2016 (24)
- October 2016 (19)
- September 2016 (19)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (27)
- June 2016 (14)
- May 2016 (25)
- April 2016 (23)
- March 2016 (27)
- February 2016 (24)
- January 2016 (20)
- December 2015 (18)
- November 2015 (18)
- October 2015 (23)
- September 2015 (20)
- August 2015 (17)
- July 2015 (19)
- June 2015 (16)
- May 2015 (18)
- April 2015 (23)
- March 2015 (26)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (14)
- December 2014 (23)
- November 2014 (24)
- October 2014 (26)
- September 2014 (27)
- August 2014 (27)
- July 2014 (28)
- June 2014 (24)
- May 2014 (20)
- April 2014 (21)
- March 2014 (23)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (19)
- December 2013 (24)
- November 2013 (25)
- October 2013 (27)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (37)
- July 2013 (36)
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (88)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (1)
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.
- 7,525,050 hits