I like to simplify my recipe. When I cooked or when I baked, i usually think of bachelor who are kitchen phobia and who do not like to cook. With this in mind, I always modify my recipe to the extent that it is simplest possible.
This is a modified traditional recipe for cheese cake. Instead of using cream, ice-cream was used. No gelatine were used to keep the cheese cake in shape, Therefore this chilled cake is suitable for those that are out of time and wanted an equally delicious presentable cheesecake. However, it must be served directly out of the fridge.
It has a strong cheesy flavour and not as sweet as ice cream. Since cream cheese have a lower fat content as compared to cream, therefore, this will be a nice alternative to reduce your calories count. You can prepare in square baking tin, cut and eat like ice cream.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
- 350 g of any sweet or plain biscuits
- You can use biscuits of any type and I have used 3 types of biscuits (inclusive of oreo biscuits) and some Ferrero Roche chocolates. It is advisable to have some sweetened biscuits as it will make the base tastier and there is no need to add additional sugar. Search you kitchen for some biscuits that have been with you for a while and use these instead of throwing it away..smile.
- 2 blocks of 250 g cream cheese at room temperature
- 150 grams of sweetened beverage creamer or condensed milk
- 200 g of unsalted butter
- 100 g of Oreo ice cream – melted at room temperature (can change to any flavour that you like)
- 100 g of chocolate ice cream – melted at room temperature
- A 8” diameter spring-form tin – This is a special non stick baking tin with a spring on the side. It is not a must but if you have the tin, it will make your life much easier especially when you detach the cheesecake from the tin. Otherwise, try to use a baking tin whereby you can detach the bottom as in the third picture. If you wanted to cut your cheese cake into small finger sizes, you can use a detachable square tin, which is easier to cut and maximize your “recovery rates”.
STEPS OF PREPARATION
Getting Ready the biscuit crust
- Melt the butter either directly over small heat or using a microwave oven and heat for 1 minutes. Set aside for later use.
- Grease a round 20cm (8 inch) spring-form tin with melted butter and line the base and side with baking paper.
- IF YOU ARE USING A NON STICK SPRING-FORM BAKING TIN as in this illustration, there is no need to grease and line with baking paper. This illustration have by pass this step. Otherwise, you have to do the greasing and lining This step is important to ensure that when you open your “fragile” cheese cake, it would not break the size or base.
- Finely crushed all the biscuits and chocolates using a food processor until very fine. If you do not have or do not wish to use a food processor, place them in a sealed plastic bag and crush them with something heavy like a rolling spin.
- In the above illustration, the second picture is the plain crushed plain biscuits and the third picture is after additions of crushed Oreo biscuits and Ferrero Rocher chocolates.
- Transfer to the bowl , add melted butter, stir until the biscuit crumbs are moist.
- Press firmly over the base and up the side of the tin to create an even shell.
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes or until firm.
- This biscuit crust is a rich and aromatic crust after the addition of Oreo biscuits and most important of all, Ferrero Rocher chocolates and it blends well with the cheesy fillings.
Making the fillings..
- Beat the softened cream cheese in a bowl for about 3 minutes, or until smooth.
- Add in the condensed milk and continued to beat for another 1 minutes or until smooth.
- Separate the beaten cream cheese into two portions. Leave one portion in the mixing bowl.
- Add the melted Oreo ice cream to the portion in the mixing bowl, beat for another one minute or until smooth. Set aside for later use.
- Place the other portion of beaten cream cheese in the bowl.
- Add the melted chocolate ice cream, beat for one minutes or until smooth and the color is consistent. You have to scope up the cream cheese stick to the bottom of the mixing bowl and ensure there were no cream cheese left in mixing bowl.
- Pour both portions into the tin and dust with some crushed Ferrero Rocher and Oreo biscuit.
- Chilled overnight decorate with fruits or extra cream.
- Best serve directly from the fridge.
There are many variations to this recipe. Do consider the following variations to suit your own taste buds. This recipe had used chocolate based flavour putting together Ferrero Rocher and Oreo Biscuit. However, you can always use other flavour like strawberry ice cream with strawberry flavoured biscuits, coconut ice cream with plain biscuit based (added shredded coconuts), Mocha ice cream with coffee flavoured biscuits etc. … Or you can just used plain biscuits using vanilla ice creams.
As this is an ice cream based cheesecake, therefore, the texture will be slightly soft but very creamy. If you like a firmer texture like the type that you seen in the pastry shops, you can add some gelatine to the batter.
To add gelatine, put about 3 tablespoons of plain water/lemon juice/orange juice, sprinkle some gelatine powder in an even layer over the surface and leave to go spongy. Bring a large pan filled with water to the boil, then remove from heat. Carefully lower the gelatine bowl into the water (at least halfway up the side of the bowl) then stir until the gelatine has dissolved. When the cream cheese batter is ready, fold in these melted gelatine to the mixture.
- This is a chilled cheesecake and no baking is required.
- The replacement of normal cream in the making of cheesecake with ice creams make the cheese cake more aromatic.
- It is a fusion of normal ice cream cake and traditional cheesecake that provides a cheesy yet creamy taste.
- The recipe is fully flexible and you can easily tailor to the type of flavor that you preferred.
- At the right temperature, it is very easy for you cut into your desired size. It is good to serve as a small house gathering snack.
Hope you like it and make a step towards making the cake. It is nothing difficult to make. Kitchen phobia bachelors, make this cake to surprise your loved ones. Cheers
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have nice day. Should there be any imperfections in my blog layout, bear with me and I am trying hard to rectify it. In the event that you are a follower of Guaishushu at http://kwgls.wordpress.com, please do follow this new blog Guaishushu1 at https://www.guaishushu1.com.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.