Last few years, I have already shared more than 15 muffin recipes and this year, I intend to share more recipes that I have not covered before.
I like to design and to bake muffins because it is fast and easy. My approach to muffin preparation will definitely not involving the creaming method using mixers. It will be using a fork and two bowls, mix and bake. For me, the so called “muffins” that was prepared using creaming method in essence is a cupcake. There is a fine line between cupcake and muffins and I have already explained previously.
Whenever I designed muffins recipes, I will take into consideration how to improve the moistness and fluffiness of the muffins. Therefore, those readers who have tried my previous muffins recipes will know that my muffins are generally moist and fluffy. Moistness can be improved by adding milk, puree, yoghurt, cream cheese etc.. And this recipe, I have used yoghurt.
My neighbour gave me a pack of strawberries from Japan. It is a bit sour but very aromatic. I have therefore decided to churn out some strawberry muffins and shared with him. Personally, I found that it is a successful bake except that It is not sweet enough for my taste bud. Therefore, I will adjust this recipe to make it slightly sweeter.. Other than that, it is a moist and aromatic muffin.
Though it is technically not very correct to use cupcake cups to bake muffins. However, since many bloggers are using cupcake cups to bake muffins, I might as well try too. Using cupcake cups will make smaller muffins and easier to bake. I am too greedy and make it into a 12 cupcake size muffins but after the baking, I will think that 9 will be the perfect size such that the muffins are taller.
Usually, i have called for self raising flour in the muffin recipe. However, it seems that overseas members always have the difficulty to purchase self raising flour. Therefore, in this recipes, I have used plain flour and baking powder. In general, 1 cup of plain flour plus 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder plus 0.5 teaspoon of salt = 1 cup of self raising flour whereby 1 cup is 150 grams. For this recipe, I have used lesser and added some baking soda to assist in the rising.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: 9 cupcake size muffins
- 200 grams of plain flour or all purpose flour
- 140 grams of strawberry flavoured yoghurt or plain yoghurt
- 120 grams of condensed milk
- 100 grams of strawberries, chopped
- 80 grams of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 eggs
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Chopped the strawberry until fine. Reserved two tablespoons to put as toppings.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder. Make a well in the centre.
- In another mixing bowl, put the eggs, melted butter and condensed milk. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour, add the chopped strawberry, use a fork or flat bladed knife to stir swiftly and lightly. LUMPS ARE ACCEPTABLE for muffins. Transfer the batter to the cupcake cups filling about 85% full. Top the muffins with chopped strawberries.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserts into the centre comes out clean. Timing will depend on size of cupcake cups or muffin cups.
A simple recipe for all to try out. Take advantage of the seasonal produce and prepare something for your families. More muffins recipe will be designed and shared soon.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have nice day. Should there be any imperfections in my blog layout, bear with me and I am trying hard to rectify it. In the event that you are a follower of Guaishushu at http://kwgls.wordpress.com, please do follow this new blog Guaishushu1 at https://www.guaishushu1.com.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.
- A Trendy Mooncake Festival Snack Dan Huang Su AKA Salted Egg Yolk Flaky Pastry or 蛋黄酥
- Celery Braised Pan Fried Fish (芹菜半煎煮鱼）
- Chinese New Year Recipes–Mixed Nuts Florentine (杂果仁脆片）
- Classic Zucchini Slices (夏南瓜切片小吃）
- Old Timer Delights: Soft Coconut Sweets or Candy (古早味椰子软糖）
- Teochew aka Chaozhou Sweet And Savoury Dumplings (潮汕双拼肉粽）
- Macadamia Pitted Dates (夏果椰枣）
- Vegetarian Nonya Rice Dumpling (娘惹素粽）
- Fried Dace With Fermented Black Beans (豆豉鲮鱼）
- Classic Baked Sweet Potatoes (烤地瓜）
- Cheesy Pumpkin Soup (芝士金瓜浓汤）
- Sambal Haebeehiam Glutinous Rice Dumpling aka Chilli Dried Shrimp Floss Dumpling (辣虾米鬆粽子）
- Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms With Bacons (奶酪培根烤波托贝罗蘑菇）
- Red Yeast Rice Residue Chicken aka Hong Zao Ji (酒香红糟鸡）
- Cheesy Baked Prawns (奶酪烤虾）
- Baked Chicken In Garlic Cheddar Sauces (蒜香芝士酱烤鸡）
- Chinese Gozabi Dessert: Flour Tea aka Mee Teh (古早味面茶）
- Fermented Black Soya Bean Minced Meat (豆豉炒肉末）
- Homemade Sour Mustard or Sour Vegetable (家居自制酸菜）
- Red Bean Alkaline Dumplings (红豆碱水粽）
- July 2019 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (8)
- April 2017 (9)
- March 2017 (16)
- February 2017 (18)
- January 2017 (13)
- December 2016 (13)
- November 2016 (24)
- October 2016 (19)
- September 2016 (19)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (27)
- June 2016 (14)
- May 2016 (25)
- April 2016 (23)
- March 2016 (27)
- February 2016 (24)
- January 2016 (20)
- December 2015 (18)
- November 2015 (18)
- October 2015 (23)
- September 2015 (20)
- August 2015 (17)
- July 2015 (19)
- June 2015 (16)
- May 2015 (18)
- April 2015 (23)
- March 2015 (26)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (14)
- December 2014 (23)
- November 2014 (24)
- October 2014 (26)
- September 2014 (27)
- August 2014 (27)
- July 2014 (28)
- June 2014 (24)
- May 2014 (20)
- April 2014 (21)
- March 2014 (23)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (19)
- December 2013 (24)
- November 2013 (25)
- October 2013 (27)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (37)
- July 2013 (36)
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (88)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (1)
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.
- 7,125,219 hits