Oreo is a trendy cookie and it seems that any recipes that have Oreo cookies will receive great attention. It is definitely one of the most successful product that Nabisco has introduced.
My kids loved to eat Oreo and since I have a packet at home, I thought I might as well churn into some Oreo muffins and share with readers. Since October 2014, I has only shared one muffin recipe it is time to create some recipes.
You will be surprised that readers who excel in the preparation of chiffon and ogura cakes failed terribly in the preparation of muffins. Again, for muffins, not to over mix the batter is critical.
Essentially, muffin is just a mixing of dry and wet ingredients lightly and swiftly.. Unlike other cake batters that need to mix until well combined, always remember that lumpy batter is acceptable or recommended for muffins. If you stir too much, gluten will be formed and your muffin will become kuih like structure.
Preparation of muffins is fast, baking is also fast and taste is good. It is very suitable for working mothers.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: 6-7 medium muffins depend on size.
125 grams of butter (melted)
125 grams of brown sugar or castor sugar
120 grams of self raising flour
100 grams of Oreo biscuits
50 grams of fresh milk
Extra 2-3 Oreo biscuits for toppings
STEPS OF PREPARATION
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
Melt the butter in the microwave. Add the beaten eggs and milk , stir until well combined. Set aside.
In a food processor, blend Oreo biscuits until fine. If you do not have a food processor, you can always put in a plastic bag and use something hard to pound it .
In a mixing bowl, put self raising flour, baking soda, brown (or castor) sugar , stir until well mixed.Make a well in the centre. Gradually pour the egg and butter mixture. Use a fork or tablespoon to lightly and swiftly mix the batter. Note that lumpy batter is acceptable.
Transfer the batter to the muffin cups filling at least 80% full. Top with additional Oreo crumble if preferred. Bake in the pre-heated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 15-20 minutes or when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Timing will depend on size of muffin and individual oven. Muffin taste better after one night of resting.
All muffin recipes are simple and straight forward and do give it a try if you are an Oreo fan.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have a nice day.
- A Trendy Mooncake Festival Snack Dan Huang Su AKA Salted Egg Yolk Flaky Pastry or 蛋黄酥
- Celery Braised Pan Fried Fish (芹菜半煎煮鱼）
- Chinese New Year Recipes–Mixed Nuts Florentine (杂果仁脆片）
- Classic Zucchini Slices (夏南瓜切片小吃）
- Old Timer Delights: Soft Coconut Sweets or Candy (古早味椰子软糖）
- Teochew aka Chaozhou Sweet And Savoury Dumplings (潮汕双拼肉粽）
- Macadamia Pitted Dates (夏果椰枣）
- Vegetarian Nonya Rice Dumpling (娘惹素粽）
- Fried Dace With Fermented Black Beans (豆豉鲮鱼）
- Classic Baked Sweet Potatoes (烤地瓜）
- Cheesy Pumpkin Soup (芝士金瓜浓汤）
- Sambal Haebeehiam Glutinous Rice Dumpling aka Chilli Dried Shrimp Floss Dumpling (辣虾米鬆粽子）
- Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms With Bacons (奶酪培根烤波托贝罗蘑菇）
- Red Yeast Rice Residue Chicken aka Hong Zao Ji (酒香红糟鸡）
- Cheesy Baked Prawns (奶酪烤虾）
- Baked Chicken In Garlic Cheddar Sauces (蒜香芝士酱烤鸡）
- Chinese Gozabi Dessert: Flour Tea aka Mee Teh (古早味面茶）
- Fermented Black Soya Bean Minced Meat (豆豉炒肉末）
- Homemade Sour Mustard or Sour Vegetable (家居自制酸菜）
- Red Bean Alkaline Dumplings (红豆碱水粽）
- July 2019 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (8)
- April 2017 (9)
- March 2017 (16)
- February 2017 (18)
- January 2017 (13)
- December 2016 (13)
- November 2016 (24)
- October 2016 (19)
- September 2016 (19)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (27)
- June 2016 (14)
- May 2016 (25)
- April 2016 (23)
- March 2016 (27)
- February 2016 (24)
- January 2016 (20)
- December 2015 (18)
- November 2015 (18)
- October 2015 (23)
- September 2015 (20)
- August 2015 (17)
- July 2015 (19)
- June 2015 (16)
- May 2015 (18)
- April 2015 (23)
- March 2015 (26)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (14)
- December 2014 (23)
- November 2014 (24)
- October 2014 (26)
- September 2014 (27)
- August 2014 (27)
- July 2014 (28)
- June 2014 (24)
- May 2014 (20)
- April 2014 (21)
- March 2014 (23)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (19)
- December 2013 (24)
- November 2013 (25)
- October 2013 (27)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (37)
- July 2013 (36)
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (88)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (1)
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.
- 7,214,312 hits