Updated post on 21/11/2016
Re-prepare the recipe using full amount for fruits for picture taking purposes. Happy with this cake..
I have a pack of dried fruits sitting in my shelves for a long time, by hook and by crook, I must get rid of it..
Since I do not have a golden or light fruit cake recipe, I have decided to design a recipe…. What disappointed me is that I have only used on 1/3 of the fruits in my recipe…
The outcome is my fruit cake have very little fruits and my kitchen still have another 160 grams of mixed fruit sitting there. What a blunder and it is best not to do any baking before I drink my morning coffee..
Well there is no fault to the recipe and in fact the cake is delicious. Well, it is easy to imagine the taste, a butter cake with mixed fruits. In my case, since fruit is less, it will be more like a butter cake. Haha.
Since I am still on my vegetarian diet, in this illustration, I did not use any alcohol. I used orange juice instead. Therefore, this recipe is equally applicable to Muslim readers.. If you preferred, you can substitute the orange juices with cherry wine or rum.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: Prepare an 8” fruit cake
250 grams of butter, softened at room temperature
250 grams of mixed fruits
225 grams of castor sugar
100 grams of self raising flour
150 grams of plain four
4 eggs lightly beaten
50 grams or ml of fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
STEPS OF PREPARATION
Pre-heat the oven to 160 degree Celsius.
Soaked the mixed fruits in orange juices for 15 minutes, drain, collect the orange juice and set aside. (if you wish, put 2 tablespoons of self raising flour to coat the fruits first to avoid probable sinking because some soaked fruit are too wet).
Cream the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add eggs one by one , beating thoroughly after each addition. Scrap the sides to ensure that there is none stick to the bottom and the sides.
Fold in the soaked fruits, flour and collected orange juices in 3 stages until well combined. Folding shall be light and fast. (to avoid fruit sinking, another way is to fold flour and orange juices first, once it is ready, very lightly fold in the flour coated mixed fruits)
Bake in the pre-heated oven of 160 degree Celsius for 45 minutes to 1 hour or when a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 20 minutes before turnout into a wire rack. Cool completely before cutting.
If you follow the recipe exactly, your outcome will be difference from what you saw in the picture. you will have more fruits in the cake. Hope this recipe will benefit those readers who are looking for a simple, fast and easy fruit cake recipes.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have a nice day.
- A Trendy Mooncake Festival Snack Dan Huang Su AKA Salted Egg Yolk Flaky Pastry or 蛋黄酥
- Celery Braised Pan Fried Fish (芹菜半煎煮鱼）
- Chinese New Year Recipes–Mixed Nuts Florentine (杂果仁脆片）
- Classic Zucchini Slices (夏南瓜切片小吃）
- Old Timer Delights: Soft Coconut Sweets or Candy (古早味椰子软糖）
- Teochew aka Chaozhou Sweet And Savoury Dumplings (潮汕双拼肉粽）
- Macadamia Pitted Dates (夏果椰枣）
- Vegetarian Nonya Rice Dumpling (娘惹素粽）
- Fried Dace With Fermented Black Beans (豆豉鲮鱼）
- Classic Baked Sweet Potatoes (烤地瓜）
- Cheesy Pumpkin Soup (芝士金瓜浓汤）
- Sambal Haebeehiam Glutinous Rice Dumpling aka Chilli Dried Shrimp Floss Dumpling (辣虾米鬆粽子）
- Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms With Bacons (奶酪培根烤波托贝罗蘑菇）
- Red Yeast Rice Residue Chicken aka Hong Zao Ji (酒香红糟鸡）
- Cheesy Baked Prawns (奶酪烤虾）
- Baked Chicken In Garlic Cheddar Sauces (蒜香芝士酱烤鸡）
- Chinese Gozabi Dessert: Flour Tea aka Mee Teh (古早味面茶）
- Fermented Black Soya Bean Minced Meat (豆豉炒肉末）
- Homemade Sour Mustard or Sour Vegetable (家居自制酸菜）
- Red Bean Alkaline Dumplings (红豆碱水粽）
- July 2019 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (8)
- April 2017 (9)
- March 2017 (16)
- February 2017 (18)
- January 2017 (13)
- December 2016 (13)
- November 2016 (24)
- October 2016 (19)
- September 2016 (19)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (27)
- June 2016 (14)
- May 2016 (25)
- April 2016 (23)
- March 2016 (27)
- February 2016 (24)
- January 2016 (20)
- December 2015 (18)
- November 2015 (18)
- October 2015 (23)
- September 2015 (20)
- August 2015 (17)
- July 2015 (19)
- June 2015 (16)
- May 2015 (18)
- April 2015 (23)
- March 2015 (26)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (14)
- December 2014 (23)
- November 2014 (24)
- October 2014 (26)
- September 2014 (27)
- August 2014 (27)
- July 2014 (28)
- June 2014 (24)
- May 2014 (20)
- April 2014 (21)
- March 2014 (23)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (19)
- December 2013 (24)
- November 2013 (25)
- October 2013 (27)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (37)
- July 2013 (36)
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (88)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (1)
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.
- 10,817,955 hits