I have been receiving repeat requests to issue a cornmeal muffin recipe resembling those sold in Kenny Roger chain of restaurant.
Pardon my for my ignorance, I have never visited Kenny Roger and totally unsure of how the muffins taste like.. I am putting this on hold as I do not know where I can get cornmeal until I saw it at Phoon Huat. I grabbed a pack and believed that It is time for me to honour my promise of issuing this recipe.
As I have never eaten those sold by Kenny Roger’s restaurant, I am unsure how it taste like and I do not wish to use the copycat recipe that is widely circulated in the internet. If you Google for Kenny Roger corn muffins recipe, there are many bloggers who blogged this recipe and all using the same recipe with slight modifications here and there.
I do not think it make sense to use the same recipe as you can easily obtain the recipe from other websites. I have therefore analysed the copycat recipe, examined the picture of the muffins sold at Kenny Roger and come out this simple recipe that suits my family taste buds.
Those who used my muffin recipe will know that I have never use a minor ingredient to name a recipe. Whereas other recipes use a miserable amount of corns, since it is a corn muffin, so this recipe is overloaded with cornmeal and fresh corns.
I am always confident with my muffins recipe as to me, muffin making are elementary. As expected, my kids loved the muffins for the simple reasons that there are corn kernel in the muffin. It is rather refreshing to have a sweet corn flavoured muffin.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: Prepare above 12 cornmeal muffins
- 150 grams of cornmeal
- 100 grams of self raising flour
- 200 grams of sweet corn kernel
- 120 grams of butter melted
- 100 grams of sugar
- 100 grams or ml of fresh milk
- 3 eggs
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius
- In a big mixing bowl, take out the corn kernels, add self raising flour, baking powder, cornmeal and sugar, stir until well mixed. Make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl, put the melted butter, fresh milk and eggs. Beat until well combined.
- Gradually add the egg mixture and use a fork or spoon to mix it swiftly and lightly. Lumpy batter is acceptable and over mixed batter will result in chewy muffins.
- Transfer into the muffins cup until 80% full and bake in the pre-heated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserts into the centre comes out clean. Muffin is best eaten after resting overnight as it will become moister.
I do not wish to associate this recipe with the Kenny Roger corn muffin copycat recipe and I have never eaten before. But if you have eaten before, do give it a try and feedback to me if it is like those sold. The cornmeal sold in Phoon Huat is 500 grams and this recipe uses 150 grams , therefore, you will have plentiful left if you purchase the pack. Do not worry, subsequent recipes have been lined up to use these cornmeal and do not forget that cornmeal is one of the staple food in Western China where rice and wheat are not easily available. Therefore, cornmeal is also a traditional Chinese staple food for certain areas.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have nice day. Should there be any imperfections in my blog layout, bear with me and I am trying hard to rectify it. In the event that you are a follower of Guaishushu at http://kwgls.wordpress.com, please do follow this new blog Guaishushu1 at https://www.guaishushu1.com.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.
- A Trendy Mooncake Festival Snack Dan Huang Su AKA Salted Egg Yolk Flaky Pastry or 蛋黄酥
- Celery Braised Pan Fried Fish (芹菜半煎煮鱼）
- Chinese New Year Recipes–Mixed Nuts Florentine (杂果仁脆片）
- Classic Zucchini Slices (夏南瓜切片小吃）
- Old Timer Delights: Soft Coconut Sweets or Candy (古早味椰子软糖）
- Teochew aka Chaozhou Sweet And Savoury Dumplings (潮汕双拼肉粽）
- Macadamia Pitted Dates (夏果椰枣）
- Vegetarian Nonya Rice Dumpling (娘惹素粽）
- Fried Dace With Fermented Black Beans (豆豉鲮鱼）
- Classic Baked Sweet Potatoes (烤地瓜）
- Cheesy Pumpkin Soup (芝士金瓜浓汤）
- Sambal Haebeehiam Glutinous Rice Dumpling aka Chilli Dried Shrimp Floss Dumpling (辣虾米鬆粽子）
- Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms With Bacons (奶酪培根烤波托贝罗蘑菇）
- Red Yeast Rice Residue Chicken aka Hong Zao Ji (酒香红糟鸡）
- Cheesy Baked Prawns (奶酪烤虾）
- Baked Chicken In Garlic Cheddar Sauces (蒜香芝士酱烤鸡）
- Chinese Gozabi Dessert: Flour Tea aka Mee Teh (古早味面茶）
- Fermented Black Soya Bean Minced Meat (豆豉炒肉末）
- Homemade Sour Mustard or Sour Vegetable (家居自制酸菜）
- Red Bean Alkaline Dumplings (红豆碱水粽）
- July 2019 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (8)
- April 2017 (9)
- March 2017 (16)
- February 2017 (18)
- January 2017 (13)
- December 2016 (13)
- November 2016 (24)
- October 2016 (19)
- September 2016 (19)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (27)
- June 2016 (14)
- May 2016 (25)
- April 2016 (23)
- March 2016 (27)
- February 2016 (24)
- January 2016 (20)
- December 2015 (18)
- November 2015 (18)
- October 2015 (23)
- September 2015 (20)
- August 2015 (17)
- July 2015 (19)
- June 2015 (16)
- May 2015 (18)
- April 2015 (23)
- March 2015 (26)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (14)
- December 2014 (23)
- November 2014 (24)
- October 2014 (26)
- September 2014 (27)
- August 2014 (27)
- July 2014 (28)
- June 2014 (24)
- May 2014 (20)
- April 2014 (21)
- March 2014 (23)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (19)
- December 2013 (24)
- November 2013 (25)
- October 2013 (27)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (37)
- July 2013 (36)
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (88)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (1)
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.
- 8,603,717 hits