We went to the library and I borrowed a baking book. My kids flipped through the book and leave me a message that they wanted to eat soft chocolate chips cookies. I did not know what attracted them, possibly the words “chocolate” and “soft”.
I looked through the recipe and did not follow the recipe as it was in cups and I have to reconvert it again. It is not surprised that many readers do not even have a set of measuring cups at home. Whenever I issued a recipe in cups, there will ask me to convert for them.
There are tons of soft chocolate chips cookies recipes in the internet and I just simply picked one and prepare. I know it will not be difficult and even asking me to design a recipe for cookies will not pose much a problem. What I am wary is the sweetness of western recipes.
Bloggers blogged his lifestyles and taste buds. Therefore, he must share recipes that are acceptable to the majority readers. As most of my readers are Asian, therefore, I have to alter the recipe to suit Asian taste buds including using common local ingredients.
I know this cookie is very common but I was rather shocked that Wikipedia has a write up of chocolate chip cookies. As Per Wikipedia,
The recipe is very simple and straight forward and the chances of failure are very low. The cookies are delicious and my kids love them . They promised me to bring this to school as a recess snack and share with her friends.
The only set back is it is still too sweet for my liking despite the fact that I have reduced 10% of the original sugar amount. Well, do not worry, the final recipe will further be amended to take this into consideration. Please take note that is a soft cakey chocolate cookies and if you need a crispy cookies, you can try to make it thinner and extend your cooking time.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: About 24 big chocolate cookies
- 250 grams of self raising flour
- 200 grams of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 150 grams of salted butter, softened
- 100 grams of white sugar
- 35 grams of dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Cream the butter, dark brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, beat until well combined. Sift in the self raising flour and chocolate chips, use the machine slowest speed to mix until well combined. You can also use spatula to mix it lightly.
- Drop about 1 tablespoon of batter to the baking tray lined with parchment paper. Leave adequate room for expansion.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 10-12 minutes. If you want crispier cookies, 12-15 minutes shall be sufficient. Keep an eye on the browning of the cookies.
- When the cookies are out of the oven, leave the cookies on the tray for at least 10 minutes before transferring to a rack for cooling. The cookies when hot can be rather fragile and soft. Transfer with care only when it is slightly cooled and hardened.
This is a straight forward recipe and chances of success are great. Do give it a try if you like the Subway type of soft chocolate chip cookies. Lastly, if you do not have dark brown sugar, light brown sugar can be substituted but you have to increase the quantity by 20 grams and reduce 20 grams from the white castor sugar.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have nice day. Should there be any imperfections in my blog layout, bear with me and I am trying hard to rectify it. In the event that you are a follower of Guaishushu at http://kwgls.wordpress.com, please do follow this new blog Guaishushu1 at https://www.guaishushu1.com.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.
- A Trendy Mooncake Festival Snack Dan Huang Su AKA Salted Egg Yolk Flaky Pastry or 蛋黄酥
- Celery Braised Pan Fried Fish (芹菜半煎煮鱼）
- Chinese New Year Recipes–Mixed Nuts Florentine (杂果仁脆片）
- Classic Zucchini Slices (夏南瓜切片小吃）
- Old Timer Delights: Soft Coconut Sweets or Candy (古早味椰子软糖）
- Teochew aka Chaozhou Sweet And Savoury Dumplings (潮汕双拼肉粽）
- Macadamia Pitted Dates (夏果椰枣）
- Vegetarian Nonya Rice Dumpling (娘惹素粽）
- Fried Dace With Fermented Black Beans (豆豉鲮鱼）
- Classic Baked Sweet Potatoes (烤地瓜）
- Cheesy Pumpkin Soup (芝士金瓜浓汤）
- Sambal Haebeehiam Glutinous Rice Dumpling aka Chilli Dried Shrimp Floss Dumpling (辣虾米鬆粽子）
- Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms With Bacons (奶酪培根烤波托贝罗蘑菇）
- Red Yeast Rice Residue Chicken aka Hong Zao Ji (酒香红糟鸡）
- Cheesy Baked Prawns (奶酪烤虾）
- Baked Chicken In Garlic Cheddar Sauces (蒜香芝士酱烤鸡）
- Chinese Gozabi Dessert: Flour Tea aka Mee Teh (古早味面茶）
- Fermented Black Soya Bean Minced Meat (豆豉炒肉末）
- Homemade Sour Mustard or Sour Vegetable (家居自制酸菜）
- Red Bean Alkaline Dumplings (红豆碱水粽）
- July 2019 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (8)
- April 2017 (9)
- March 2017 (16)
- February 2017 (18)
- January 2017 (13)
- December 2016 (13)
- November 2016 (24)
- October 2016 (19)
- September 2016 (19)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (27)
- June 2016 (14)
- May 2016 (25)
- April 2016 (23)
- March 2016 (27)
- February 2016 (24)
- January 2016 (20)
- December 2015 (18)
- November 2015 (18)
- October 2015 (23)
- September 2015 (20)
- August 2015 (17)
- July 2015 (19)
- June 2015 (16)
- May 2015 (18)
- April 2015 (23)
- March 2015 (26)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (14)
- December 2014 (23)
- November 2014 (24)
- October 2014 (26)
- September 2014 (27)
- August 2014 (27)
- July 2014 (28)
- June 2014 (24)
- May 2014 (20)
- April 2014 (21)
- March 2014 (23)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (19)
- December 2013 (24)
- November 2013 (25)
- October 2013 (27)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (37)
- July 2013 (36)
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (88)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (1)
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.
- 10,897,092 hits