UPDATED POST ON 6-3-2016
Upload a new picture and a new instruction on baking on a normal pan .
Hmmm, I baked a cream cheese chocolate chiffon cake. It was a successful bake. However, when I unmould , I broke the cake。Then I thought I might used up my leftover mirror glaze chocolate frosting to cover my “fault”. Somehow, being in a frustrated mood, I poured the chocolate frosting to the cake when it is too hot (in order for the chocolate frosting to stay in the cake, it should be at about our body temperature)…making the cake too wet. When I cut, the cake became less spongy, a bit soggy and messy.. It is definitely a wrong decision! However, I managed to salvage 2 pieces for picture taking and frankly speaking, the picture did not do justice to the cake.
When I posted my pictures to the Facebook Food group, apparently, members of the Group can take this imperfections and asked for recipe. That is the reason that make me issued this post.
Trust me, there is nothing wrong with the recipe and steps of illustration, it is my negligence on the handling of the cake. Following the recipe closely will definitely yield you a nice chocolaty cream cheese chiffon cake.
The cake is moister than most chiffon due to the heavier cream cheese used. I found that it is especially nice after keeping it in the fridge for a few hours. In fact, it is very much like the Japanese cheese cake.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: Prepared a 19 cm chiffon tube pan chiffon cake
Ingredient A – For egg yolk batter portion
5 egg yolks
80 grams of sifted self raising flour
30 grams of butter
80 grams of cream cheese
80 grams of fresh milk.
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
Ingredients B – For egg white beating
5 egg whites
85 grams of castor sugar
1 tsp. of cream of tartar
STEPS OF PREPARATION
Get ready a 19cm chiffon tube pan. PLEASE DO NOT GREASE THE CHIFFON TUBE PAN.
Pre heat the oven to 165 degree Celsius.
Melt the butter, cream cheese and milk in a microwaveable bowl for about 1 minute. Stir until well mixed and set aside. If you do not have a microwave oven, just heat up using double boiler method (oven a pot of hot water) until melted and well mixed.
Sift in the chocolate and self raising flour, stir until well combine. Gradually add in the egg yolks one by one. Stir until well mixed and set aside for later use.
Beat the egg whites in a standing mixer until foamy. Add in 85 grams of castor sugar and 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar. Beat the egg whites until firm peak form. If you want taller chiffon, you can beat the egg white until stiff peak but it will have the tendency to crack.
Fold in the egg whites in 3 stages to the egg yolk mixture as swiftly and as lightly as possible.
Transfer the batter to the ungreased chiffon cake tin and baked in the oven at 175 degree Celsius for 45-50 minutes or when a skewer inserted comes out clean. In the event that the top starts to turn brown too soon, you can lower the temperature to 160 degree Celsius and continue the baking.
Once ready, take out from the oven, invert upside down over a wire rack and let it cool completely. To unmould, use a sharp knife to scrap the sides or use hands to slightly “peel” the chiffon cake. A successful and properly baked chiffon cake should be spongy enough for you to “peel” from the tin without breaking the cake. Cut using a serrated knife when completely cooled.
If you are interested in the Mirror Glaze chocolate frosting, you can refer to this post: Chocolate Mirror Glaze Recipe (镜面巧克力蛋糕装饰）
BAKING USING NORMAL PAN
- Pre-heat the oven to 165 degree Celsius with top and bottom heat only. Place a tray of water on the lowest rack .
- Transfer the batter to a 8″ round cake tin with detachable base. DO NOT GREASE THE CAKE TIN. Level and lightly bang on the table 2-3 times to force out trapped air.
- Bake the chiffon for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, use a sharp knife to score your desired pattern (to prevent uneven cracking). Put back to the oven and continue to bake for another 45 minutes or until a skewer inserts into the center comes out clean.
- When out of the oven, light bang the tin on the table 1-2 time and immediately invert for cooling purposes. Cool completely before unmolding by hand.
Pardon me for the poor picture. Do give some confidence on this recipe. This is a rather moist chiffon and I am sure you will like it if you give it a chance. When time permits, I will prepare another cream cheese chocolate chiffon and I will have a separate section of photo taking.
If you like the post and think that the recipe is of help to you, please click on any advertisement and I may be earning 1-2 cents with each click to finance to blog. Your click will not lead you to malicious website as they are all governed by Google Inc. You can click and leave the site after entering without leaving any trails. You have no obligation to do so but it does help bloggers to share more recipe. Cheers and have nice day.
- Celery Braised Pan Fried Fish (芹菜半煎煮鱼）
- Chinese New Year Recipes–Mixed Nuts Florentine (杂果仁脆片）
- Classic Zucchini Slices (夏南瓜切片小吃）
- Old Timer Delights: Soft Coconut Sweets or Candy (古早味椰子软糖）
- Teochew aka Chaozhou Sweet And Savoury Dumplings (潮汕双拼肉粽）
- Macadamia Pitted Dates (夏果椰枣）
- Vegetarian Nonya Rice Dumpling (娘惹素粽）
- Fried Dace With Fermented Black Beans (豆豉鲮鱼）
- Classic Baked Sweet Potatoes (烤地瓜）
- Cheesy Pumpkin Soup (芝士金瓜浓汤）
- Sambal Haebeehiam Glutinous Rice Dumpling aka Chilli Dried Shrimp Floss Dumpling (辣虾米鬆粽子）
- Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms With Bacons (奶酪培根烤波托贝罗蘑菇）
- Red Yeast Rice Residue Chicken aka Hong Zao Ji (酒香红糟鸡）
- Cheesy Baked Prawns (奶酪烤虾）
- Baked Chicken In Garlic Cheddar Sauces (蒜香芝士酱烤鸡）
- Chinese Gozabi Dessert: Flour Tea aka Mee Teh (古早味面茶）
- Fermented Black Soya Bean Minced Meat (豆豉炒肉末）
- Homemade Sour Mustard or Sour Vegetable (家居自制酸菜）
- Red Bean Alkaline Dumplings (红豆碱水粽）
- Vietnamese Baguette aka Bánh mì (越南法國麵包)
- March 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (8)
- April 2017 (9)
- March 2017 (16)
- February 2017 (18)
- January 2017 (13)
- December 2016 (13)
- November 2016 (24)
- October 2016 (19)
- September 2016 (19)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (27)
- June 2016 (14)
- May 2016 (25)
- April 2016 (23)
- March 2016 (27)
- February 2016 (24)
- January 2016 (20)
- December 2015 (18)
- November 2015 (18)
- October 2015 (23)
- September 2015 (20)
- August 2015 (17)
- July 2015 (19)
- June 2015 (16)
- May 2015 (18)
- April 2015 (23)
- March 2015 (26)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (14)
- December 2014 (23)
- November 2014 (24)
- October 2014 (26)
- September 2014 (27)
- August 2014 (27)
- July 2014 (28)
- June 2014 (24)
- May 2014 (20)
- April 2014 (21)
- March 2014 (23)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (19)
- December 2013 (24)
- November 2013 (25)
- October 2013 (27)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (37)
- July 2013 (36)
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (88)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (1)
- 6,685,759 hits