This will be a short post as I do not know exactly what I shall write about this dish.
This is a common household dish that most grannies have cooked and it can come in a form of an omelette or scrambled eggs. The most basic ingredients are eggs and long beans and all suggested ingredients mostly are optional.
For long bean, this is one of the dishes that we usually cooked besides stir frying with sambal, braising with soya sauce or use in making vegetable braised rice. My family members especially like this dish to go with porridge and white rice.
If you are interested in getting the other granny recipe of long beans, you can refer to this post or click on the picture above: Soya Sauce Braised Long Bean (酱油闷长豆）
The same recipe can be used for cooking French beans and frankly speaking, French beans has a stronger aroma than long beans but both are equally delicious. For this recipe, your sliced long beans shall be as thin as possible and not in chunk form. Only then, it can be easily get cooked and become soft that blends well with the omelette.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: 3-4 adult servings
- 150 grams of long beans
- 50 grams of minced pork
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of dried shrimps
- 1/2 small carrots – optional
- 3 eggs
- Pinches of salt
- Dashes of white pepper
- Chicken stock powder to taste
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Cut the long bean into 1mm-2mm thickness. Set aside. Chopped the carrots into small pieces for garnish purposes. Crack and lightly beaten the eggs. If you wish, you can add one tablespoon of water to one egg to soften the omelette but this is optional. Set aside.
- In a pot, put one tablespoon of cooking oil, sauté the minced garlic and dried shrimps until aromatic, add the minced pork and chopped long bean, stir fry for 3-4 minutes under high heat until the meat is set and the long bean is soft. Add pinches of salt, dashes of white pepper and chicken stock powder to taste. Stir fry until well mixed but set aside. Transfer the stir fried long beans onto the bowl containing the eggs. Stir fry until well mixed. Set aside.
- Heat up a pan with a bit of cooking oil, pour half of the egg mixture to the pan, pan fry under hot to medium heat until both sides are golden brown. It is only ready if you smell the egg aroma.
- The dish is best served with piping hot porridge or white rice.
Though simple, but I think it is worth for me to capture this traditional recipe. If you do not want to be an omelette form, you can always add eggs and fried it in a scramble eggs manner. Lastly, remember that French beans can be used also.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have nice day. Should there be any imperfections in my blog layout, bear with me and I am trying hard to rectify it. In the event that you are a follower of Guaishushu at http://kwgls.wordpress.com, please do follow this new blog Guaishushu1 at https://www.guaishushu1.com.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.