For my girl’s birthday, instead of a normal birthday cake, she requested a small cupcake with a candle. ..I cracked my head and come out this recipe. Knowing that my girl like salted caramel, I have decided to churn out some cupcakes that uses her favourite ingredient.
I have to be franked that there is nothing to shout about the cupcake, the cupcake recipe is a very basic butter cupcake recipe but the cream cheese frosting is delicious. It is the salted caramel cream cheese frosting . The frosting are drizzled with additional salted caramel before serving..
Don’t worry, the cupcake and the frosting will not be very sweet. Knowing that salted caramel will be used, I have tone down the usage of sugar in both the cupcake and frosting.
The recipe uses quite a lot of salted caramel and it is advisable that you prepare your own. I do not be able to give a detail estimation of the salted caramel, but it requires at least one quarter of the recipe as in this post: Salted Caramel Sauce (咸焦糖酱） You can either click the blue colour link or the picture below to get the recipe..
Homemade salted caramel is very easy and definitely not a complicated job. In addition, the cost of it will be a fraction of store bought salted caramel.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: Prepare 20 cupcakes
- 250 grams of butter
- 250 grams of self raising flour
- 150 grams of white sugar
- 100 grams of fresh milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 250 grams of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 50 grams of butter, softened at room temperature
- 100 grams of salted caramel
- 50 grams of icing sugar
- Additional salted caramel for drizzling
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degree Celsius.
- In a big mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add vanilla extract and eggs one by one. Beat until the eggs are well incorporated with the butter. Sift in 1/3 of the flour and add 1/3 of the milk, use a spatula to fold in the flour and milk as quickly as possible. Repeat the same for the remaining 2/3 of the flour and milk. Transfer about 1-1.5 tablespoons of the batter to each cupcake cup.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven of 190 degree Celsius for about 15 minutes or when a skewer inserts into the centre of the cupcake comes out clean.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese, butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add the salted caramel, beat until well combined and smooth. If the frosting is a bit soft, chill in the fridge for half an hour before piping.
- When the cupcake is completely cooled, use a big straw to dig a hole at the centre of the cupcake. Transfer some salted caramel to a piping bag, and pipe some salted caramel to fill in the hole.
- Use your preferred piping tips to pipe the salted caramel cream cheese frosting on the cupcake. In this recipe, I used Wilton tip 1M, Drizzle the frosting with additional salted caramel if preferred.
Not a difficult recipe and remember that for best piping results, put your cream cheese frosting in a bag , chill in the fridge to have a firm frosting. While the frosting will not melt easily, however, it is advisable to store the cupcake in the fridge..
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have nice day. Should there be any imperfections in my blog layout, bear with me and I am trying hard to rectify it. In the event that you are a follower of Guaishushu at http://kwgls.wordpress.com, please do follow this new blog Guaishushu1 at https://www.guaishushu1.com.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.
- A Trendy Mooncake Festival Snack Dan Huang Su AKA Salted Egg Yolk Flaky Pastry or 蛋黄酥
- Celery Braised Pan Fried Fish (芹菜半煎煮鱼）
- Chinese New Year Recipes–Mixed Nuts Florentine (杂果仁脆片）
- Classic Zucchini Slices (夏南瓜切片小吃）
- Old Timer Delights: Soft Coconut Sweets or Candy (古早味椰子软糖）
- Teochew aka Chaozhou Sweet And Savoury Dumplings (潮汕双拼肉粽）
- Macadamia Pitted Dates (夏果椰枣）
- Vegetarian Nonya Rice Dumpling (娘惹素粽）
- Fried Dace With Fermented Black Beans (豆豉鲮鱼）
- Classic Baked Sweet Potatoes (烤地瓜）
- Cheesy Pumpkin Soup (芝士金瓜浓汤）
- Sambal Haebeehiam Glutinous Rice Dumpling aka Chilli Dried Shrimp Floss Dumpling (辣虾米鬆粽子）
- Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms With Bacons (奶酪培根烤波托贝罗蘑菇）
- Red Yeast Rice Residue Chicken aka Hong Zao Ji (酒香红糟鸡）
- Cheesy Baked Prawns (奶酪烤虾）
- Baked Chicken In Garlic Cheddar Sauces (蒜香芝士酱烤鸡）
- Chinese Gozabi Dessert: Flour Tea aka Mee Teh (古早味面茶）
- Fermented Black Soya Bean Minced Meat (豆豉炒肉末）
- Homemade Sour Mustard or Sour Vegetable (家居自制酸菜）
- Red Bean Alkaline Dumplings (红豆碱水粽）
- July 2019 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (8)
- April 2017 (9)
- March 2017 (16)
- February 2017 (18)
- January 2017 (13)
- December 2016 (13)
- November 2016 (24)
- October 2016 (19)
- September 2016 (19)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (27)
- June 2016 (14)
- May 2016 (25)
- April 2016 (23)
- March 2016 (27)
- February 2016 (24)
- January 2016 (20)
- December 2015 (18)
- November 2015 (18)
- October 2015 (23)
- September 2015 (20)
- August 2015 (17)
- July 2015 (19)
- June 2015 (16)
- May 2015 (18)
- April 2015 (23)
- March 2015 (26)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (14)
- December 2014 (23)
- November 2014 (24)
- October 2014 (26)
- September 2014 (27)
- August 2014 (27)
- July 2014 (28)
- June 2014 (24)
- May 2014 (20)
- April 2014 (21)
- March 2014 (23)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (19)
- December 2013 (24)
- November 2013 (25)
- October 2013 (27)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (37)
- July 2013 (36)
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (88)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (1)
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.
- 10,638,999 hits