Once upon a time, a group of teenage monkeys were playing in a forest.. Their faces was full of pimples and dirtied with mud.. They were called to celebrate the coming monkey year 2016. Lol..
I did not do justice to my cookies. What I thought does not come out to what it look like.. I can easily explain this ugly batch of monkey cookies. I was rushing for time to go to the school for parent teachers meeting and it was prepared in a rush. I did not let the cookies have adequate time of chilling and when I wrap and cut, it is out of shape.
I am never good at cake decorating and I do not even know what to use to draw a line in a cake.. I lack all these basic knowledge but I believed that readers who follow my instruction to the dot, I am sure you can do a much better cookies than me..
I always have ideas but I lack of the necessary expertise to carry out plus I am not a patient person, my cookies is expected to look worse than those baker with patience and attention to details.
Do not doubt the biscuits. It is a nice biscuit. It has a crispy texture and it taste like the traditional check board biscuit or very closed to the current trendy cranberry biscuits.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: About 20 cookies depend on size
- 150 grams of top flour or plain flour
- 75 grams of butter
- 60 grams of icing or castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 20 grams of baking chocolate for decoration
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degree Celsius (You can preheat the oven towards the end of your preparation as the preparation can be rather time consuming).
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add in the beaten eggs. Sift in the flour and stir until well mixed. Take out about 1/4 of dough and sift in the cocoa powder. Stir until well mixed. So you have 3/4 of beige dough and 1/4 of the chocolate dough.
- For the beige dough, divide into 3 dough of which 1 portion is 1/2 the weight and the other 2 portions are of 1/4 of the weight each. Shape all the three dough into cylindrical shape of the same length, wrap the dough using clingy wrap and freeze the dough until firm in the freezer or chiller. Once it is firmed, take out the dough and put the 2 smaller cylindrical dough on top of the big cylindrical dough resembling the years of the monkey (big dough = face, small dough = ears)
- Cover the beige cylinders with all the cocoa dough. Shape round again , wrap with clingy wrap and send back to the freezer. Chill or freeze until firm . Once it is firmed, use a sharp knife to slice to about 5mm thickness and bake in the pre-heated oven of 150 degree Celsius for 20-25 minutes. Note that the handling of these dough need to be fast, other wise it will start to deform.
- Once baked and completely cooled, melt some chocolate, put it in a piping bag, cut a tiny hole at the bottom and draw the mouth, nose and eyes of the monkey. Feel free to design your own facial expressions.
i hope that some readers will do the recipe proud as ladies bakers are more meticulous in nature. The recipe was created by me as I do not find similar recipe in the internet. I hope that this will give readers another choice of biscuit in this coming Chinese New Year.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have nice day. Should there be any imperfections in my blog layout, bear with me and I am trying hard to rectify it. In the event that you are a follower of Guaishushu at http://kwgls.wordpress.com, please do follow this new blog Guaishushu1 at https://www.guaishushu1.com.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.
- A Trendy Mooncake Festival Snack Dan Huang Su AKA Salted Egg Yolk Flaky Pastry or 蛋黄酥
- Celery Braised Pan Fried Fish (芹菜半煎煮鱼）
- Chinese New Year Recipes–Mixed Nuts Florentine (杂果仁脆片）
- Classic Zucchini Slices (夏南瓜切片小吃）
- Old Timer Delights: Soft Coconut Sweets or Candy (古早味椰子软糖）
- Teochew aka Chaozhou Sweet And Savoury Dumplings (潮汕双拼肉粽）
- Macadamia Pitted Dates (夏果椰枣）
- Vegetarian Nonya Rice Dumpling (娘惹素粽）
- Fried Dace With Fermented Black Beans (豆豉鲮鱼）
- Classic Baked Sweet Potatoes (烤地瓜）
- Cheesy Pumpkin Soup (芝士金瓜浓汤）
- Sambal Haebeehiam Glutinous Rice Dumpling aka Chilli Dried Shrimp Floss Dumpling (辣虾米鬆粽子）
- Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms With Bacons (奶酪培根烤波托贝罗蘑菇）
- Red Yeast Rice Residue Chicken aka Hong Zao Ji (酒香红糟鸡）
- Cheesy Baked Prawns (奶酪烤虾）
- Baked Chicken In Garlic Cheddar Sauces (蒜香芝士酱烤鸡）
- Chinese Gozabi Dessert: Flour Tea aka Mee Teh (古早味面茶）
- Fermented Black Soya Bean Minced Meat (豆豉炒肉末）
- Homemade Sour Mustard or Sour Vegetable (家居自制酸菜）
- Red Bean Alkaline Dumplings (红豆碱水粽）
- July 2019 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (8)
- April 2017 (9)
- March 2017 (16)
- February 2017 (18)
- January 2017 (13)
- December 2016 (13)
- November 2016 (24)
- October 2016 (19)
- September 2016 (19)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (27)
- June 2016 (14)
- May 2016 (25)
- April 2016 (23)
- March 2016 (27)
- February 2016 (24)
- January 2016 (20)
- December 2015 (18)
- November 2015 (18)
- October 2015 (23)
- September 2015 (20)
- August 2015 (17)
- July 2015 (19)
- June 2015 (16)
- May 2015 (18)
- April 2015 (23)
- March 2015 (26)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (14)
- December 2014 (23)
- November 2014 (24)
- October 2014 (26)
- September 2014 (27)
- August 2014 (27)
- July 2014 (28)
- June 2014 (24)
- May 2014 (20)
- April 2014 (21)
- March 2014 (23)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (19)
- December 2013 (24)
- November 2013 (25)
- October 2013 (27)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (37)
- July 2013 (36)
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (88)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (1)
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.
- 10,473,865 hits