This is a biscuit recipe in my recipe bank but yet to issue to time commitment but it caught the attention of the members when I issued the almond butter post. They were asking me for the recipe and I promised them I will issue as soon as possible. If you are interested in homemade almond butter which is delicious to go with this biscuit, you can refer to this post: Peanut Butter’s Cousin?–Almond Butter (杏仁奶油， 杏仁酱）
I have long knew that almond meal is a good substitute for plain flour in baking, therefore, I knew that such a recipe existed in the internet. After studying many recipes and I came out with my own gluten free recipe. I am not promoting gluten free diet and I prepared this because I loved anything made of almond… I cannot resist to try making these aromatic almond biscuits.
This is a simple, easy to manage recipe. The deliciousness of this recipe will depend on how well your dry fry or bake the almond meals. The rule of thumb is that the almond meals must be as aromatic as it can be before processing into biscuits. Almond aroma will only be released if you have roasted the almond well. If your almond meal is not aromatic, your biscuits will not be aromatic also.
You can have a choice of preparing it as a sweet biscuit or a savoury biscuit. This recipe is more on a salty side and it is addictive, goes well with a cup of hot tea or coffee.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Serving: A small Chinese New Year bottle of biscuits suitable for 6-8 person
- 200 grams of almond meal or almond flour
- 100 grams of white sesame seeds
- 50 grams of melted butter
- 30 grams of sugar
- 1 gram of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 2 eggs
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degree Celsius
- Put the sesame seeds and almond meals on a wok and dry fry under “MEDIUM HEAT” until aromatic .. Constant stirring is required and you can smell the aroma when almond is toasted. Alternatively, roast your almond meal and sesame seeds in the pre-heated oven of 150 degree Celsius for about 15 minutes or until aromatic. It is imperative to roast the almond until fragrant, otherwise, the almond biscuit will be tasteless. Therefore, as long as you are satisfied with the aroma, it is considered as done.
Put the toasted almond meals or powder, sesame seeds, sugar, salt, melted butter and eggs into a food processor and blend until it forms a dough which takes about 1 minute. If you do not have a food processor, you can do manual mixing in a mixing bowl.
Transfer the dough out to baking tin lined with a parchment paper. Roll the dough flat using a rolling pin with about 2-3 mm thickness. Cut into your desired size, put some black sesame seeds as decoration (optional) and bake in the pre-heated oven of 160 degree Celsius for about 12-15 minutes or until your desired crispiness. For crispier result, you will have to bake for about 20 minutes but the colour will be darker.
This is a recipe that will help those who have celiac disease. Personally I like the almond flavoured biscuit and remember that how delicious of this biscuit will very much on how well you toast or dry fry the almond powder. You have a choice to make it a sweet biscuit or salty biscuit.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have nice day. Should there be any imperfections in my blog layout, bear with me and I am trying hard to rectify it. In the event that you are a follower of Guaishushu at http://kwgls.wordpress.com, please do follow this new blog Guaishushu1 at https://www.guaishushu1.com.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.
- A Trendy Mooncake Festival Snack Dan Huang Su AKA Salted Egg Yolk Flaky Pastry or 蛋黄酥
- Celery Braised Pan Fried Fish (芹菜半煎煮鱼）
- Chinese New Year Recipes–Mixed Nuts Florentine (杂果仁脆片）
- Classic Zucchini Slices (夏南瓜切片小吃）
- Old Timer Delights: Soft Coconut Sweets or Candy (古早味椰子软糖）
- Teochew aka Chaozhou Sweet And Savoury Dumplings (潮汕双拼肉粽）
- Macadamia Pitted Dates (夏果椰枣）
- Vegetarian Nonya Rice Dumpling (娘惹素粽）
- Fried Dace With Fermented Black Beans (豆豉鲮鱼）
- Classic Baked Sweet Potatoes (烤地瓜）
- Cheesy Pumpkin Soup (芝士金瓜浓汤）
- Sambal Haebeehiam Glutinous Rice Dumpling aka Chilli Dried Shrimp Floss Dumpling (辣虾米鬆粽子）
- Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms With Bacons (奶酪培根烤波托贝罗蘑菇）
- Red Yeast Rice Residue Chicken aka Hong Zao Ji (酒香红糟鸡）
- Cheesy Baked Prawns (奶酪烤虾）
- Baked Chicken In Garlic Cheddar Sauces (蒜香芝士酱烤鸡）
- Chinese Gozabi Dessert: Flour Tea aka Mee Teh (古早味面茶）
- Fermented Black Soya Bean Minced Meat (豆豉炒肉末）
- Homemade Sour Mustard or Sour Vegetable (家居自制酸菜）
- Red Bean Alkaline Dumplings (红豆碱水粽）
- July 2019 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (8)
- April 2017 (9)
- March 2017 (16)
- February 2017 (18)
- January 2017 (13)
- December 2016 (13)
- November 2016 (24)
- October 2016 (19)
- September 2016 (19)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (27)
- June 2016 (14)
- May 2016 (25)
- April 2016 (23)
- March 2016 (27)
- February 2016 (24)
- January 2016 (20)
- December 2015 (18)
- November 2015 (18)
- October 2015 (23)
- September 2015 (20)
- August 2015 (17)
- July 2015 (19)
- June 2015 (16)
- May 2015 (18)
- April 2015 (23)
- March 2015 (26)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (14)
- December 2014 (23)
- November 2014 (24)
- October 2014 (26)
- September 2014 (27)
- August 2014 (27)
- July 2014 (28)
- June 2014 (24)
- May 2014 (20)
- April 2014 (21)
- March 2014 (23)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (19)
- December 2013 (24)
- November 2013 (25)
- October 2013 (27)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (37)
- July 2013 (36)
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (88)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (1)
Error: No feed found.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.
- 12,397,596 hits