This is a simple carrot muffin with cream cheese frosting. It is simple and quick to do without the need to use any mechanical beaters or mixers and animal fats. Therefore it a rather healthy breakfast item or tea time item. The simple cream cheese frosting (optional) will help to smoothen the texture and enhance the taste of the muffins.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
The measurement below can make about 8-9 medium size muffins of about 120g each.
For carrot muffins
- 150 g of grated carrots
- 75 g of raisins
- 75 g of chopped walnuts or chopped almonds or any nuts (optional)
- 180 g of white caster sugar
- 125 g of cooking oil
- 3 eggs
- 320 g of self raising flours
- 2 teaspoons of mixed spice (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of grounded ginger (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate
- 0.5 teaspoon of baking powder (optional)
For cream cheese frostings
- 125 g of cream cheese
- 50 g of icing sugar
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Preheat oven to moderate 180 degree Celsius and get ready 9 medium sized muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, place carrots, raisins, almonds and sugar and lightly mixed it.
- In another mixing bowl, place the oil and egg together. Whisk the liquid mixture until mix.
- Place the dry mixtures (carrots, raisins, almonds and sugar) into the whisked liquid mixture and until well mixed.
Add the sifted flour, sodium bicarbonate, baking powder, spices (cinnamon or spice mix (optional)) into the liquid mixture.
Combined lightly with wooden spoon or metal spoon and well mixed.
Scoop out the mixture into the muffin cups about 3/4 full and baked for about 30 minutes or until skewer come out clean.
Cream Cheese Frostings
- Using electric beaters, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and creamy.
- Spread on top of the muffins or pump on top of the muffins if desired.
- Dust with cinnamon or color sugar crystals (optional).
- Served with addition cream cheese frosting, when necessary.
- This pastry can be as healthy as you want it to be. Cooking oil are generally considered as healthier alternative as compared to animal fats such as butter.
- Suggested frosting of cream cheese (which is optional if you are health conscious) will make the muffins even smoother and blend well with the taste.
- It is easy and simple to make as there is no need to use any mechanical equipment.
- Cost of preparing these muffins are relatively lower than other cup cakes since only very basic ingredients will be used.
Hope you like this simple muffin and simple post. Have a nice day and happy reading.
- A Trendy Mooncake Festival Snack Dan Huang Su AKA Salted Egg Yolk Flaky Pastry or 蛋黄酥
- Celery Braised Pan Fried Fish (芹菜半煎煮鱼）
- Chinese New Year Recipes–Mixed Nuts Florentine (杂果仁脆片）
- Classic Zucchini Slices (夏南瓜切片小吃）
- Old Timer Delights: Soft Coconut Sweets or Candy (古早味椰子软糖）
- Teochew aka Chaozhou Sweet And Savoury Dumplings (潮汕双拼肉粽）
- Macadamia Pitted Dates (夏果椰枣）
- Vegetarian Nonya Rice Dumpling (娘惹素粽）
- Fried Dace With Fermented Black Beans (豆豉鲮鱼）
- Classic Baked Sweet Potatoes (烤地瓜）
- Cheesy Pumpkin Soup (芝士金瓜浓汤）
- Sambal Haebeehiam Glutinous Rice Dumpling aka Chilli Dried Shrimp Floss Dumpling (辣虾米鬆粽子）
- Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms With Bacons (奶酪培根烤波托贝罗蘑菇）
- Red Yeast Rice Residue Chicken aka Hong Zao Ji (酒香红糟鸡）
- Cheesy Baked Prawns (奶酪烤虾）
- Baked Chicken In Garlic Cheddar Sauces (蒜香芝士酱烤鸡）
- Chinese Gozabi Dessert: Flour Tea aka Mee Teh (古早味面茶）
- Fermented Black Soya Bean Minced Meat (豆豉炒肉末）
- Homemade Sour Mustard or Sour Vegetable (家居自制酸菜）
- Red Bean Alkaline Dumplings (红豆碱水粽）
- July 2019 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (8)
- April 2017 (9)
- March 2017 (16)
- February 2017 (18)
- January 2017 (13)
- December 2016 (13)
- November 2016 (24)
- October 2016 (19)
- September 2016 (19)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (27)
- June 2016 (14)
- May 2016 (25)
- April 2016 (23)
- March 2016 (27)
- February 2016 (24)
- January 2016 (20)
- December 2015 (18)
- November 2015 (18)
- October 2015 (23)
- September 2015 (20)
- August 2015 (17)
- July 2015 (19)
- June 2015 (16)
- May 2015 (18)
- April 2015 (23)
- March 2015 (26)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (14)
- December 2014 (23)
- November 2014 (24)
- October 2014 (26)
- September 2014 (27)
- August 2014 (27)
- July 2014 (28)
- June 2014 (24)
- May 2014 (20)
- April 2014 (21)
- March 2014 (23)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (19)
- December 2013 (24)
- November 2013 (25)
- October 2013 (27)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (37)
- July 2013 (36)
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (88)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (1)
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.
- 9,381,590 hits