I like to design muffin recipes as it is fast and easy. Since I saw some passion fruits being sold in Singapore market very affordably (6 for less than SGD3), I bought a pack and decide to design a passion fruit muffin.
This is not my first attempt of using passion fruit to prepare cakes. 3 years ago , i have a passion fruit quick bread recipe and that is how I get to know the tanginess of the passion fruit blends really well with the sweet cake.. In addition, it provides a very subtle fragrance of passion fruit aroma. If you are interested, you can refer to this post: A Healthier Alternative Than Cake – Passion Fruit Quick Bread
Since it my own designed recipe, there is no history or background and what I can share is the cake is delicious in my honest view point.
To go with the muffin, I have design a passion fruit icing. It is tangy sweet and complement well with the muffins. But I will leave this as optional and depend on whether you want to give it a try.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: Prepare about 6-8 medium size muffins
- 4 medium size passion fruits
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams of melted butter
- 180 grams of self raising flour
- 120 grams of castor suga
Passion fruit icing
- 1 passion fruit pulp
- 5-6 tablespoons of icing sugar
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- In a big mixing bowl, crack the eggs , add the melted butter and passion fruit flesh. Stir until well combined set aside.
- in another mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and add the castor sugar. Stir until well combined and make a well in the centre. Gradually add the egg mixture and use a fork or spoon to mix it swiftly and lightly. Lumpy batter is acceptable and over mixed batter will result in chewy muffins.
- Transfer into the muffins cup until 80% full and bake in the pre-heated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- To prepare the passion fruit icing , mix the passion fruit pulp with the icing sugar and stir until it forms a thick yellow paste. Spread on top of the cooled muffins before serving.
It is not a difficult muffins and I hope it will suit readers’ taste buds.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have nice day. Should there be any imperfections in my blog layout, bear with me and I am trying hard to rectify it. In the event that you are a follower of Guaishushu at http://kwgls.wordpress.com, please do follow this new blog Guaishushu1 at https://www.guaishushu1.com.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.
- A Trendy Mooncake Festival Snack Dan Huang Su AKA Salted Egg Yolk Flaky Pastry or 蛋黄酥
- Celery Braised Pan Fried Fish (芹菜半煎煮鱼）
- Chinese New Year Recipes–Mixed Nuts Florentine (杂果仁脆片）
- Classic Zucchini Slices (夏南瓜切片小吃）
- Old Timer Delights: Soft Coconut Sweets or Candy (古早味椰子软糖）
- Teochew aka Chaozhou Sweet And Savoury Dumplings (潮汕双拼肉粽）
- Macadamia Pitted Dates (夏果椰枣）
- Vegetarian Nonya Rice Dumpling (娘惹素粽）
- Fried Dace With Fermented Black Beans (豆豉鲮鱼）
- Classic Baked Sweet Potatoes (烤地瓜）
- Cheesy Pumpkin Soup (芝士金瓜浓汤）
- Sambal Haebeehiam Glutinous Rice Dumpling aka Chilli Dried Shrimp Floss Dumpling (辣虾米鬆粽子）
- Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms With Bacons (奶酪培根烤波托贝罗蘑菇）
- Red Yeast Rice Residue Chicken aka Hong Zao Ji (酒香红糟鸡）
- Cheesy Baked Prawns (奶酪烤虾）
- Baked Chicken In Garlic Cheddar Sauces (蒜香芝士酱烤鸡）
- Chinese Gozabi Dessert: Flour Tea aka Mee Teh (古早味面茶）
- Fermented Black Soya Bean Minced Meat (豆豉炒肉末）
- Homemade Sour Mustard or Sour Vegetable (家居自制酸菜）
- Red Bean Alkaline Dumplings (红豆碱水粽）
- July 2019 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (8)
- April 2017 (9)
- March 2017 (16)
- February 2017 (18)
- January 2017 (13)
- December 2016 (13)
- November 2016 (24)
- October 2016 (19)
- September 2016 (19)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (27)
- June 2016 (14)
- May 2016 (25)
- April 2016 (23)
- March 2016 (27)
- February 2016 (24)
- January 2016 (20)
- December 2015 (18)
- November 2015 (18)
- October 2015 (23)
- September 2015 (20)
- August 2015 (17)
- July 2015 (19)
- June 2015 (16)
- May 2015 (18)
- April 2015 (23)
- March 2015 (26)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (14)
- December 2014 (23)
- November 2014 (24)
- October 2014 (26)
- September 2014 (27)
- August 2014 (27)
- July 2014 (28)
- June 2014 (24)
- May 2014 (20)
- April 2014 (21)
- March 2014 (23)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (19)
- December 2013 (24)
- November 2013 (25)
- October 2013 (27)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (37)
- July 2013 (36)
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (88)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (1)
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.
- 10,893,318 hits