It is unusual that I share recipe using ready made sauces but since I have prepared this dish a few times, I have decided to share with readers and this is not a sponsored post.
Ladies in my house like to shop around and at the supermarket, there are many food promotion counters. I am unsure how this bottle of Korean BBQ sauce came into my kitchen and it must be bought by either my mother in law or my wife after tasting what is served at supermarket.. Obviously they must be rather impressed with the product before they bought this bottle of barbecue sauce.
The sauce has been with me for at least one year and I have a hard time to get rid of the sauce as basically what I knew is for barbecue purposes, meaning marinate the chicken with the sauce and grill over the charcoal. But I seldom have gatherings that requires usage of these sauces, therefore I have decided to explore the sauces by braising and it works very well. It will be tidier at home setting in Singapore.
Since it is a sauce, it is already flavourful. Therefore, it is a very simple and straightforward recipe. Taste is satisfactory though I prefer the local type of braising. May be I am prejudiced and get use to the local braising taste.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: 4-6 adult servings
- 750 grams of chicken mid wings or chicken wings
- 4 tablespoons of Korean BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of Korean chilli flakes (optional) – for extra spiciness
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- In a bowl, put the chicken wings and Korean BBQ sauce. Lightly massage the sauces into the chicken and let it marinate for at least 1-2 hours.
- In a pan, put 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, lightly pan fry the chicken until the external is set and light brownish. Put in the marinating sauces and enough water such that it covers the chicken wing. Bring the sauces to boil and once it boils, reduce the heat to medium. Let it simmer until the chicken is tender. If the sauces dries up too fast , add in more water to cook until the chicken meat is soft.
- Once the meat is soft, increase the heat to high and simmer until the sauce thickens. You will know it is done when the chicken wings are well coated with the sticky sauces. Once it cools, the sauce will further thicken.
If you have a bottle of such sauces at home and you have difficulty of finishing it, you can try this simple way of cooking. If there is a chance, I will study the recipe of homemade Korean BBQ sauces. Of course if you preferred BBQ version, go ahead and grill the chicken wings at the oven and as for the grilling instructions, you can refer to this recipe: Barbecue Chicken Wings (烧烤鸡翅膀）
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have nice day. Should there be any imperfections in my blog layout, bear with me and I am trying hard to rectify it. In the event that you are a follower of Guaishushu at http://kwgls.wordpress.com, please do follow this new blog Guaishushu1 at https://www.guaishushu1.com.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.