This is not a new recipe. This is a recipe that I designed for a magazine one year ago under the theme “one dish baked meals”. It is the baking of Japanese curry chicken rice and transform this dish into a more delicious dish.
I have forgotten about this recipe until one member of Facebook Group, Ms. Jo Lim read the magazine and prepare the meal. She said that the dish is very delicious and that reminded me that I have yet to put this recipe on records in this blog. Thanks Ms. Jo for reminding me this recipe and I fully appreciate it.
Japanese curry chicken baked rice blends very well with cheeses and my kids are fighting over it. I have decided to prepare because I have some leftover cheeses in the fridge and I have no plan to use it.
Because of her reminder, I purposely prepare my own Japanese curry roux. Homemade curry roux has many advantages and that includes the ability to adjust the spiciness and it is way much cheaper than what is sold in the market. If you are interested, you can refer to this post: I Have Decided To Make My Own Japanese Curry Roux–Japanese Curry Chicken Rice.
I made a mistake during plating and I am totally not satisfy with the images. How could I use black sesame seeds as a decorating items? I told my Facebook group member that it resembles black ants eating my cheese.. Ha-ha. Members joked about it and they immediately gave me suggestions like using some parsley to cover it up, put some white sesame seeds to cover etc.. but the rice was already in the stomach of my kids..
Well, I told my members that those readers who have followed me long enough will not mind trying this recipe.. They are fully aware of my carelessness. I am sure they can take these imperfections.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: 4-adult servings
- 80 grams of Japanese curry roux (4 cubes)
- 300 grams chicken drumstick or chicken breast cut in cubes
- 50 grams of onion diced into cubes
- 50 grams of green peas
- 50 grams of carrots diced into cubes
- 50 grams of potatoes diced into cubes
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil or butter
- 2 cups of water
- 4 cups of cooked rice
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheeses or cheddar cheeses
- 4 eggs
For home made curry roux, please refer to this post: I Have Decided To Make My Own Japanese Curry Roux–Japanese Curry Chicken Rice.
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degree Celsius
- In a frying pan, add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, stir fry the onion until the onion is slightly brownish and aromatic. Add in chicken cubes, carrot and potatoes. Stir fry until for 2-3 minutes. Add in 2 cups of water (or water adequate to cover the ingredients, bring to boil and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add in 3-4 tablespoons full of homemade Japanese curry roux or 3-4 Japanese curry roux to the frying pan. Stir well until all the roux have dissolved.
- Get ready 4 oven-proof dishes and put one cup of cooked rice on each dish. Divide the Japanese curry chicken equally into 4 portions and place on each dish one portion. Place ½ cup of mozzarella cheese and crack an egg on top of the curry chicken. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the cheeses have melted. Best serve hot out of the oven.
Do give it a try . Trust me, this recipe is very tasty and rather easy. It is just a step more than the normal Japanese curry chicken rice.. With cheese, the rice become very smooth .
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have nice day. Should there be any imperfections in my blog layout, bear with me and I am trying hard to rectify it. In the event that you are a follower of Guaishushu at http://kwgls.wordpress.com, please do follow this new blog Guaishushu1 at https://www.guaishushu1.com.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.