I think even without reading the recipe , most readers can guess how to cook this dish.
Yes, it is a simple and straightforward dish that is very delicious and presentable party snack.
I have long wanted to blog this dish but has never remember to buy the less common ingredients, the big Portobello mushrooms and the mozzarella cheese. Since I have both ingredients at home, I have decided to bake this for the kids to try.
As expected, they loved this dish to bits. I believed most kids will not reject any dishes made with mushrooms and cheese. Though simple, the mushrooms are very aromatic on its own and the cheese complements the mushrooms. I would believed that if served as a party snack, it will be welcomed by most party guests.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: 4 adult servings
- 8 portobello mushrooms
- Dashes of Italian herbs seasonings (oregano, thymes etc.)
- 50 grams of mozzarella cheeses
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons of melted butter
- Pinches of salt
- 2 pieces of bacon (optional)
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- In a pan, melt one tablespoon of butter and sauté the bacons until crispy and aromatic. However, adding bacon is optional. Dish out the bacon and chop into small pieces.
- Use the oil left in the pan, sauté the chopped onion until aromatic and soft. add the chopped bacons and stir until well mixed.
- Rinse the mushrooms and cut off the stalks of the mushrooms.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Brush the mushrooms with melted butter and bake the mushrooms at pre-heated oven of 180 degree Celsius for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mushrooms out of the oven. Top the mushrooms with the sautéed bacon and onions. Add pinches of salt and Italian seasoning. Level and place a piece of mozzarella cheese on top of each mushrooms. Continue baking the oven for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the cheese melted and become bubbly.
- Best served as a side dish in a main course dinner or as a party snack.
If you are a vegan who take dairy product, this is a dish that you can try to prepare of course by omitting the bacon stripes. Personally, I think that be it a side dish or a party snack, it is an excellent choice.
If you like the post and think that the recipe is of help to you, please click on any advertisement and I may be earning 1-2 cents with each click to finance to blog. Your click will not lead you to malicious website as they are all governed by Google Inc. You can click and leave the site after entering without leaving any trails. You have no obligation to do so but it does help bloggers to share more recipe. Cheers and have nice day.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.