How I wish i have lots of money such that I can use lobsters for the recipe.. This recipe is ideal for lobsters and if I do not remember wrongly, it was sold at the classier Chinese restaurants too..
I was joking, one of the reasons I used prawns is because I do not where to buy lobsters in Singapore.. I can’t remember seeing it at the supermarket or may be I have never pay attention to this crustacean. But the more important reason is that prawn meat are more tender and definitely my kids will not eat lobster due to its tougher and chewier meat.
In order to have a better presentation for the recipe, i have bought the biggest prawns I can find at the wet market and it costs me about S$2.00 per prawn. But the prawns are big and fresh. In fact, any prawns can be used. I have used these prawns it is easier to focus for picture taking purposes.
It is an extremely easy recipe. The only challenges is to ensure the prawns “shrink in a straight manner” such that it is beautiful when presented. Some of the prawns turned crooked or become slanting after it is cooked. Therefore what is important is the depth of slicing the prawns. The prawns need to be sliced symmetrically and at the same depth. Otherwise, part of it can twist to the left or right ..If it is for home consumption, I do not think there is a need to be a perfectionist.. I believed more practises will yield better looking results but whatever the shape, taste is exactly the same.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: 4 adult servings
- 8 big prawns
- 50-100 grams of mozzarella cheeses
- Dashes of black pepper
- Dashes of Italian herbs seasoning
- Pinches of salt
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- Lemon slices for garnishing (optional)
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Clean the prawns, cut away the sharper parts such as legs. Cut open the prawns as SYMMETRICAL as possible. The cutting shall be as deep as you can. Clean the prawns and throw away the intestines or any dirty impurities. Press the prawns such that it resembles a flat leaf shape.
- Use a kitchen towel to dry the prawns, brush with some melted butter, put a bit of minced garlic, sprinkle with some salt and black pepper. Top each prawn with a piece of cheese .
- Bake in the pre-heated oven of 180 degree Celsius and bake for 12-15 minutes until the cheese melted and the prawns are cooked.
- For serving, drizzle with lemon juice (optional) if preferred.
A simple straightforward recipe that yields a presentable dish for dinner. it is delicious and remember, lobsters can also be used.
If you like the post and think that the recipe is of help to you, please click on any advertisement and I may be earning 1-2 cents with each click to finance to blog. Your click will not lead you to malicious website as they are all governed by Google Inc. You can click and leave the site after entering without leaving any trails. You have no obligation to do so but it does help bloggers to share more recipe. Cheers and have nice day.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.