UPDATED POST ON 25-10-2016
Upload of new pictures..
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR 2014.
Today is the second day of Chinese New Year and I am sure all of have had lot of nice food. After lots and lots of auspicious, expensive greasy food, may be it is time to prepare some simple items for breakfast..
This is a coconut muffin. A recipe that I have modified from coconuts delight and my butter cake but it did not disappoint me. I liked it very much and in fact the whole family loved it. I am not boasting as because of the desiccated coconut, the muffins are very moist full of coconut aroma.
This is a very short post and the recipe is an extremely simple recipe that can be easily prepared during this Chinese New Year. It is just mix and bake. If you can’t get hold desiccated coconut since most shops are not open, try using freshly grated coconut.
Otherwise, just substitute the desiccated coconut with the same quantity of self raising flour. In fact, fresh shredded coconut taste much better.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: 18 cupcake size muffins
- 250 grams of desiccated coconuts or freshly shredded coconuts
- 250 grams of self raising flours
- 250 grams of melted butter or coconut oil
- 250 grams of eggs (about 4-5 eggs)
- 250 grams of castor sugar
- 150 ml of package or fresh coconut milk
- Pinches of salt
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 Degree Celsius.
- Lightly greased 18 muffin cups.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together, stir until well mixed. Add in the desiccated coconuts and self raising flour. Stir until well mixed.
- Transfer the batter to the cup cakes cups and bake in the oven at the preheated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 20-25 minutes or when a skewer inserted turns out clean.
A simple recipe for you try out. No complicated ingredients and preparation methods. It will be ideal for the family after the last few weeks of heavy baking for Chinese New Year.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have a nice day. Sincerely all those who celebrated Chinese New Year a happy Chinese New Year and may you and your family be blessed with prosperity and health.
- Classic Zucchini Slices (夏南瓜切片小吃）
- Old Timer Delights: Soft Coconut Sweets or Candy (古早味椰子软糖）
- Teochew aka Chaozhou Sweet And Savoury Dumplings (潮汕双拼肉粽）
- Macadamia Pitted Dates (夏果椰枣）
- Vegetarian Nonya Rice Dumpling (娘惹素粽）
- Fried Dace With Fermented Black Beans (豆豉鲮鱼）
- Classic Baked Sweet Potatoes (烤地瓜）
- Cheesy Pumpkin Soup (芝士金瓜浓汤）
- Sambal Haebeehiam Glutinous Rice Dumpling aka Chilli Dried Shrimp Floss Dumpling (辣虾米鬆粽子）
- Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms With Bacons (奶酪培根烤波托贝罗蘑菇）
- Red Yeast Rice Residue Chicken aka Hong Zao Ji (酒香红糟鸡）
- Cheesy Baked Prawns (奶酪烤虾）
- Baked Chicken In Garlic Cheddar Sauces (蒜香芝士酱烤鸡）
- Chinese Gozabi Dessert: Flour Tea aka Mee Teh (古早味面茶）
- Fermented Black Soya Bean Minced Meat (豆豉炒肉末）
- Homemade Sour Mustard or Sour Vegetable (家居自制酸菜）
- Red Bean Alkaline Dumplings (红豆碱水粽）
- Vietnamese Baguette aka Bánh mì (越南法國麵包)
- Matcha Red Bean Steamed Cake (绿茶红豆蒸鸡蛋糕）
- Parmigiana Eggplant or Eggplant Lasagne: Parmigiana di Melanzane (焗烤千层茄子)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (8)
- April 2017 (9)
- March 2017 (16)
- February 2017 (18)
- January 2017 (13)
- December 2016 (13)
- November 2016 (24)
- October 2016 (19)
- September 2016 (19)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (27)
- June 2016 (14)
- May 2016 (25)
- April 2016 (23)
- March 2016 (27)
- February 2016 (24)
- January 2016 (20)
- December 2015 (18)
- November 2015 (18)
- October 2015 (23)
- September 2015 (20)
- August 2015 (17)
- July 2015 (19)
- June 2015 (16)
- May 2015 (18)
- April 2015 (23)
- March 2015 (26)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (14)
- December 2014 (23)
- November 2014 (24)
- October 2014 (26)
- September 2014 (27)
- August 2014 (27)
- July 2014 (28)
- June 2014 (24)
- May 2014 (20)
- April 2014 (21)
- March 2014 (23)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (19)
- December 2013 (24)
- November 2013 (25)
- October 2013 (27)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (37)
- July 2013 (36)
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (88)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (1)
- 3,477,597 hits