My kids always viewed highly of my mother in law because she always cooked simple dishes that captured their heart. They do not appreciate restaurant style dishes but simple home cooked dishes.
I believed that all grandmothers are able to churn out a lovely homely meals using simple and cheap ingredients. When she stayed with us , she always cooked this dish and my wife and the kids are missing it and asking me to cook the dish. Personally, I like this dish also and I am rather surprise this simple dish is well liked by all her grandsons and granddaughters. I think the reasons are simple, It is aromatic and kids loved firm bean curd (or taukwa) and eggs.
This is a non pretentious recipe and not all recipe need to be difficult or using expensive ingredients. My blogging objectives is not only to blog restaurant style dishes, I also blogged what I ate at home and those recipes that I wanted to introduce to the readers no matter how simple it is.
As this is my 2 main ingredients 2 steps recipe, I do not have much to say about the dish. What I can tell readers is to give it a try consider it is cheap and fast to prepare. Possibly your kids will like them too.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: 3-4 adult servings
- 2 pieces of firm bean curd aka taukwa (about 200 grams)
- 3-4 eggs
- Few sprigs of spring onion
- Pinches of salt
- Dashes of white pepper
- Chicken stock powder to taste
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Slice the firm bean curd thinly of about 3 mm x 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm.
- In a wok, heat up 2 tablespoons of cooking oil under medium heat and pan fry the taukwa until light golden brown and aromatic. It is important that you do not over pan fry the taukwa as it can be chewy and tough. It takes about 2 minutes per side.
- Beat the eggs and add on to the firm bean curd. Pan fry until the eggs has set, become aromatic and golden brown. Before off the heat and dishing up, add salt, paper, chicken stock powder and chopped spring onion. Stir until well mixed and the dish is ready to be served with white porridge or rice.
Nothing much to conclude and remember to pan fry the firm bean curd until aromatic. Otherwise, it can be rather plain . This to me is a considered as a nutritious and healthy recipe. Do give it a try and let me know if it suits your taste buds.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have nice day. Should there be any imperfections in my blog layout, bear with me and I am trying hard to rectify it. In the event that you are a follower of Guaishushu at http://kwgls.wordpress.com, please do follow this new blog Guaishushu1 at http://www.guaishushu1.com.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.