I do not have much to write about this cake. This is a light chocolate cake that is suitable to use as a base for cake decoration.
It is a recipe of my own unlike chiffon , it is moister since cream were used. But as compared to a chocolate based butter cake, it is a much lighter and fluffier cake with a lower fat content. It should belong to foamy cake category or sponge cake category in accordance to general cake classification.
If you like a chiffon cake that is moister, you may like it.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
- 6 eggs yolk
- 80 grams of icing sugar
- 50 grams of cooking oil
- 50 grams of milk (not in the picture)
- 150 grams of fresh cream (for whipping purposes)
- 250 grams of self raising flour
- 150 grams of dark chocolate (melted)
- 80 grams of icing sugar
- 6 egg whites (at room temperature)
- 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar
Ganache Ingredients (not in picture)
- 250 grams of sweet dark cooking chocolate – melted
250 grams of normal cream or double cream
STEPS OF PREPARATION
Get ready a 19cm chiffon tube pan or 8 inches square baking pan.. PLEASE DO NOT GREASE THE CHIFFON TUBE PAN OR SQUARE BAKING PAN.
Pre heat the oven to 160 degree Celsius.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Stir in interval of 15 seconds. Cooled and set aside.
- In a big whisking bowl, whisk together dark chocolate, icing sugar, cream and eggs until well combined.
- Sift in the flour and gradually add in the milk. use a whisk to whisk until well combined. Set aside
In a new mixing bowl that are clean and greaseless, put in the egg white, whisk until the soft peak form. Add in cream of tartar and gradually add in the sugar (in 3 stages) – Ingredients B . Beat until firm peak form. Firm peak means when you inverted your mixing bowl, the meringue (beaten egg white) stay put in the container and will not drip down.
Gently fold in 1/3 of egg whites into the batter using a spatula. Mixed well and poured the remaining 2/3 of the egg whites (meringues) and mixed well. The actions have to be light and swift.
Poured into a 19 inches ungreased chiffon tube pan or 8” square normal baking tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until when a skewer inserted comes out clean. In the event that the top starts to turn brown, you can lower the temperature to 150 degree Celsius and continue the baking.
To prepare the chocolate ganache, put equal amount of dark chocolate with equal amount of double cream (I used normal cream) and melt in the microwave using medium heat for 3-4 minutes. In between a minute interval, stir the chocolate and cream and ensure that it is well combined. Note that you have to constantly stir the mixture, otherwise, the chocolate or the cream can be cooked rather fast. As long as the chocolate melts, you can off the microwave. Of course, you can resort to the traditional method of placing the chocolate and cream over a pan of hot boiling water and stir until it melts. In this case, make sure the water vapour should not have a chance of touching the chocolate sauce. Otherwise, the sauce will not be smooth.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the cake before serving. Before pouring ensure that the cake is completely cooled.
I love the cake for it is moist and less oily and you may want to give it a try and prepare this as a breakfast or tea snack item. It goes well especially with the ganache but that is absolutely optional. If you want you chocolate thicker, decrease the cream by by 20-30 grams.
Hope that you like this simple post today. Cheers and have a nice day.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 1500 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD. You can also join the Food Bloggers and Foodies United Group Facebook Group to see more recipes.
- Classic Zucchini Slices (夏南瓜切片小吃）
- Old Timer Delights: Soft Coconut Sweets or Candy (古早味椰子软糖）
- Teochew aka Chaozhou Sweet And Savoury Dumplings (潮汕双拼肉粽）
- Macadamia Pitted Dates (夏果椰枣）
- Vegetarian Nonya Rice Dumpling (娘惹素粽）
- Fried Dace With Fermented Black Beans (豆豉鲮鱼）
- Classic Baked Sweet Potatoes (烤地瓜）
- Cheesy Pumpkin Soup (芝士金瓜浓汤）
- Sambal Haebeehiam Glutinous Rice Dumpling aka Chilli Dried Shrimp Floss Dumpling (辣虾米鬆粽子）
- Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms With Bacons (奶酪培根烤波托贝罗蘑菇）
- Red Yeast Rice Residue Chicken aka Hong Zao Ji (酒香红糟鸡）
- Cheesy Baked Prawns (奶酪烤虾）
- Baked Chicken In Garlic Cheddar Sauces (蒜香芝士酱烤鸡）
- Chinese Gozabi Dessert: Flour Tea aka Mee Teh (古早味面茶）
- Fermented Black Soya Bean Minced Meat (豆豉炒肉末）
- Homemade Sour Mustard or Sour Vegetable (家居自制酸菜）
- Red Bean Alkaline Dumplings (红豆碱水粽）
- Vietnamese Baguette aka Bánh mì (越南法國麵包)
- Matcha Red Bean Steamed Cake (绿茶红豆蒸鸡蛋糕）
- Parmigiana Eggplant or Eggplant Lasagne: Parmigiana di Melanzane (焗烤千层茄子)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (8)
- April 2017 (9)
- March 2017 (16)
- February 2017 (18)
- January 2017 (13)
- December 2016 (13)
- November 2016 (24)
- October 2016 (19)
- September 2016 (19)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (27)
- June 2016 (14)
- May 2016 (25)
- April 2016 (23)
- March 2016 (27)
- February 2016 (24)
- January 2016 (20)
- December 2015 (18)
- November 2015 (18)
- October 2015 (23)
- September 2015 (20)
- August 2015 (17)
- July 2015 (19)
- June 2015 (16)
- May 2015 (18)
- April 2015 (23)
- March 2015 (26)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (14)
- December 2014 (23)
- November 2014 (24)
- October 2014 (26)
- September 2014 (27)
- August 2014 (27)
- July 2014 (28)
- June 2014 (24)
- May 2014 (20)
- April 2014 (21)
- March 2014 (23)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (19)
- December 2013 (24)
- November 2013 (25)
- October 2013 (27)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (37)
- July 2013 (36)
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (88)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (1)
- 3,767,128 hits