I have quite a number of durian recipes but I am still lacking durian muffin recipe. Since durian is in season, I thought readers might want to give it a try.
I have a durian crepe’s recipe as in this post: Durian Crepes or Durian Pancakes (榴莲班戟, 榴莲可丽饼）
This durian ice cream is very easy and really delicious and I have prepared another tub one week ago. The recipe can be found in : Durian Ice Cream (榴莲冰淇淋）
Two years ago, I issued the durian moon cake recipe and it was well liked by my family members. Durian Ice Cream Snowskin Mooncake (冰皮榴莲月饼). If you are preparing this mooncake during durian seasons and keep in an airtight container in the freezer, it will be very much cheaper when compared to the store bought which charged exorbitantly in the name of musang king. Pardon me to say, who would really used such good durian to mix with cream such that the flavour is diluted. If I am the seller, I will used the cheapest kampong durian to prepare this.
Not forgetting this well like Durian puff that my kids is asking me to do. Durians Are In Season, Let’s Make Good Use Of It!..–Durian Cream Puff (榴莲泡芙）. Making durian cream puff is easy and what is sold is overloaded with cream. In fact, since durian is so creamy, it is acceptable to have pure durian puree for the puff.
When I just started the blog about 3 years ago, i have issued a durian cheesecake post. Since then I have not been promoting this recipe because of the poor picture and I did not manage to find a time to redo the cheesecake for picture taking. If you are interested, you can refer to this post: King of Fruits + Cream Cheese = Durian Cheesecakes, Game to Try?
If you have read through all the above recipes, you will know that all the durian fleshes were used in the raw form without cooking. I have never issue cooked durian recipes such as durian butter cake, durian dodol etc. or even tempoyak because I am not a fan of processed or cooked durian.
On the other hand, my girl never liked raw durian but she likes this muffin. As for me, I would say this is quite a delicious muffins if you liked durian in the cooked form. The recipe is simple straight forward and yields a very moist muffin.
WHAT IS REQURIED
Servings: About 8 small muffins
- 100 grams of cooking oil
- 150 grams of self raising flour
- 90 grams of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams of durian puree
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius
- Put the durian puree, eggs and cooking oil into a mixing bowl, beat until well combined. Set aside.
- Sift the self raising flour into another mixing bowl. Add the sugar, stir until well mixed and make a well in the centre. Gradually add in the durian puree mixture. Use a FORK or SPOON to stir until well mixed. A bit lumpy is acceptable for muffins. Over stirring or mixing will result in chewy muffins as gluten have developed.
- Fill up the muffin cup to at least 80% of the muffin cup and bake at the pre-heated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Timing is for estimation and depends on your muffin cup size . If it tends to brown too quickly, after 10 minutes, you can reduce the temperature to 165 degree Celsius and continue to bake until cooked.
One of the most straightforward recipes I have issued. It is fast and easy. When I designed muffin recipes, it is my firm believed that muffin preparation should only used 2 bowls and one tablespoon and finished preparation within 45 minutes. Do give it a try if you have excess durian that do not know how to dispose off. Alternatively, you can try the other durian recipes mentioned above.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have nice day. Should there be any imperfections in my blog layout, bear with me and I am trying hard to rectify it. In the event that you are a follower of Guaishushu at http://kwgls.wordpress.com, please do follow this new blog Guaishushu1 at http://www.guaishushu1.com.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.
- Classic Zucchini Slices (夏南瓜切片小吃）
- Old Timer Delights: Soft Coconut Sweets or Candy (古早味椰子软糖）
- Teochew aka Chaozhou Sweet And Savoury Dumplings (潮汕双拼肉粽）
- Macadamia Pitted Dates (夏果椰枣）
- Vegetarian Nonya Rice Dumpling (娘惹素粽）
- Fried Dace With Fermented Black Beans (豆豉鲮鱼）
- Classic Baked Sweet Potatoes (烤地瓜）
- Cheesy Pumpkin Soup (芝士金瓜浓汤）
- Sambal Haebeehiam Glutinous Rice Dumpling aka Chilli Dried Shrimp Floss Dumpling (辣虾米鬆粽子）
- Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms With Bacons (奶酪培根烤波托贝罗蘑菇）
- Red Yeast Rice Residue Chicken aka Hong Zao Ji (酒香红糟鸡）
- Cheesy Baked Prawns (奶酪烤虾）
- Baked Chicken In Garlic Cheddar Sauces (蒜香芝士酱烤鸡）
- Chinese Gozabi Dessert: Flour Tea aka Mee Teh (古早味面茶）
- Fermented Black Soya Bean Minced Meat (豆豉炒肉末）
- Homemade Sour Mustard or Sour Vegetable (家居自制酸菜）
- Red Bean Alkaline Dumplings (红豆碱水粽）
- Vietnamese Baguette aka Bánh mì (越南法國麵包)
- Matcha Red Bean Steamed Cake (绿茶红豆蒸鸡蛋糕）
- Parmigiana Eggplant or Eggplant Lasagne: Parmigiana di Melanzane (焗烤千层茄子)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (8)
- April 2017 (9)
- March 2017 (16)
- February 2017 (18)
- January 2017 (13)
- December 2016 (13)
- November 2016 (24)
- October 2016 (19)
- September 2016 (19)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (27)
- June 2016 (14)
- May 2016 (25)
- April 2016 (23)
- March 2016 (27)
- February 2016 (24)
- January 2016 (20)
- December 2015 (18)
- November 2015 (18)
- October 2015 (23)
- September 2015 (20)
- August 2015 (17)
- July 2015 (19)
- June 2015 (16)
- May 2015 (18)
- April 2015 (23)
- March 2015 (26)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (14)
- December 2014 (23)
- November 2014 (24)
- October 2014 (26)
- September 2014 (27)
- August 2014 (27)
- July 2014 (28)
- June 2014 (24)
- May 2014 (20)
- April 2014 (21)
- March 2014 (23)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (19)
- December 2013 (24)
- November 2013 (25)
- October 2013 (27)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (37)
- July 2013 (36)
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (88)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (1)
- 4,065,521 hits