Members of Facebook Group is asking me for Christmas cookies recipe. I do have some recipes in the previous year and i thought I might also share some new recipes this year.
The recipe that i have chosen is chocolate crinkle cookies. Hmmm, I do not know when this cookie become popular and it seems that in the recent months, i have seen a few posts of this cookies.
The cookies look rather different from other cookies. It has a unique outlook resemble a mushroom . This was resulted from the dough expansion during cooking. As it expands, a unique design is created.
It is a dark chocolate cookies that are very chocolaty , soft and chewy in the inside and firm on the exterior. Personally, I think it is a rather presentable trendy gift to be given to friends..
Preparation is very easy. The rule of soft chewy cookies is not to over bake the cookies. If you prefer crispy cookies, you will need to extend the baking timing.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings : About 25-30 cookies
50 grams of butter, at room temperature
200 grams of dark cooking chocolate
80 grams of white sugar
200 grams of self raising flour
1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
100 grams of icing sugar (for dusting)
STEPS OF OPERATION
Microwave the cooking chocolate for 1 minute. Set aside for cooling. You can also melt the chocolate using ban marie method.
In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the melted chocolate follow by the eggs. Beat until well combined.
Sift in the flour and baking powder, use the machine lowest speed and stir until well combined. Chill the dough in the fridge until the dough is firm enough and does not stick to your hand .
Pre-heat the oven to 165 degree Celsius.
Take about 1/2 tablespoon of the dough, use hand to shape round and put it in the bowl of icing sugar. Roll it and let the dough coat as much icing sugar as possible. Transfer to the baking tray and leave adequate space for expansion. (at least 5-6 cm apart) Bake in the pre-heated oven of 165 degree Celsius for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are slightly firm.
This cookie is addictive and definitely suitable for a chocolate lover. I have already cut the sugar by 20% in this recipe and I will not recommend any further reduction. I hope this will benefit those readers who are looking for some Christmas cookies. You can easily modified this recipe by adding some red colouring and become a red velvet crinkle cookie.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have a nice day.
- Classic Zucchini Slices (夏南瓜切片小吃）
- Old Timer Delights: Soft Coconut Sweets or Candy (古早味椰子软糖）
- Teochew aka Chaozhou Sweet And Savoury Dumplings (潮汕双拼肉粽）
- Macadamia Pitted Dates (夏果椰枣）
- Vegetarian Nonya Rice Dumpling (娘惹素粽）
- Fried Dace With Fermented Black Beans (豆豉鲮鱼）
- Classic Baked Sweet Potatoes (烤地瓜）
- Cheesy Pumpkin Soup (芝士金瓜浓汤）
- Sambal Haebeehiam Glutinous Rice Dumpling aka Chilli Dried Shrimp Floss Dumpling (辣虾米鬆粽子）
- Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms With Bacons (奶酪培根烤波托贝罗蘑菇）
- Red Yeast Rice Residue Chicken aka Hong Zao Ji (酒香红糟鸡）
- Cheesy Baked Prawns (奶酪烤虾）
- Baked Chicken In Garlic Cheddar Sauces (蒜香芝士酱烤鸡）
- Chinese Gozabi Dessert: Flour Tea aka Mee Teh (古早味面茶）
- Fermented Black Soya Bean Minced Meat (豆豉炒肉末）
- Homemade Sour Mustard or Sour Vegetable (家居自制酸菜）
- Red Bean Alkaline Dumplings (红豆碱水粽）
- Vietnamese Baguette aka Bánh mì (越南法國麵包)
- Matcha Red Bean Steamed Cake (绿茶红豆蒸鸡蛋糕）
- Parmigiana Eggplant or Eggplant Lasagne: Parmigiana di Melanzane (焗烤千层茄子)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (8)
- April 2017 (9)
- March 2017 (16)
- February 2017 (18)
- January 2017 (13)
- December 2016 (13)
- November 2016 (24)
- October 2016 (19)
- September 2016 (19)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (27)
- June 2016 (14)
- May 2016 (25)
- April 2016 (23)
- March 2016 (27)
- February 2016 (24)
- January 2016 (20)
- December 2015 (18)
- November 2015 (18)
- October 2015 (23)
- September 2015 (20)
- August 2015 (17)
- July 2015 (19)
- June 2015 (16)
- May 2015 (18)
- April 2015 (23)
- March 2015 (26)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (14)
- December 2014 (23)
- November 2014 (24)
- October 2014 (26)
- September 2014 (27)
- August 2014 (27)
- July 2014 (28)
- June 2014 (24)
- May 2014 (20)
- April 2014 (21)
- March 2014 (23)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (19)
- December 2013 (24)
- November 2013 (25)
- October 2013 (27)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (37)
- July 2013 (36)
- June 2013 (25)
- May 2013 (88)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (1)
- 4,064,690 hits