During the Chinese New Year seasons, when I frequented the supermarket of Chinese New Year market, one of the things that I will do is to “survey” the Chinese New Year goodies section. I will see what is sold and I will know what is in trend and sort after during the year.
I have known this delicious snack in Sarawak when I am visiting relatives. I also saw that this was being sold in Giant supermarket and I therefore decide to share this simple recipe with the readers. It’s preparation are very simple and this savoury snack is very addictive. It has a strong seaweed aroma and very crispy.
Well I have used the deep frying method and I anticipate that readers will ask if you can air fry or bake? Chances are great because I have prepared another similar snack : Recipe Seaweed Fish Fillet Snack (紫菜鱼丝条） using the baking method. Possibly you can brush some oil to make it more aromatic. If I am going to bake, I will use 130 degree Celsius to bake until crispy such that they do not brown too fast.
This is a simple recipe that I do not have much to talk about. It is just a trendy recipe and also a vegetarian snack. No precise measurement is given as the whole recipe is full of variation. What I am sharing is more of a concept rather than a recipe.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
- Some Nori Seaweed
- Some spring roll crepes
- Dashes of white paper
- Pinches of salt
- 2 tablespoons of rice flour mixed with 4 tablespoons of water (estimate and depend on your quantities prepared)
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- In a bowl, put the rice flour, dashes of white pepper, pinches of salt and the water. Stir until it form a water paste.
- Take a piece of spring roll crepes, brush adequately with the rice flour paste, top with a piece of seaweed of the same size. Brush with rice flour paste and top with another piece of spring roll crepes. Cut into your desired size.
- Heat up a pot of hot, deep fry the snack under medium to high heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. You will know that the snack is done where there are no more bubbles emit to the hot oil. Dish out and drained on piece of kitchen towel.
- Once cooled completely, store in an air tight container.
If you want to buy snack, you can consider to prepare this at home. It is easy and remember that air fryer and oven may work well. To make it more aromatic, brush with some cooking oil before sending for baking. As for the timing, you will have to keep an eye. If you are unsure, trial bake one piece to get the estimated timing before baking the entire tray.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have nice day. Should there be any imperfections in my blog layout, bear with me and I am trying hard to rectify it. In the event that you are a follower of Guaishushu at http://kwgls.wordpress.com, please do follow this new blog Guaishushu1 at http://www.guaishushu1.com.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.
You must log in to post a comment.