I saw the ice cream on display in the shelf and I decided to replicate the ice cream, a Tom and Jerry ‘s strawberry cheesecake ice cream with cookies swirl.
I have tried once and I do not think that it will be that difficult to replicate, pardon me for not being humble. In addition, I have some chocolate cookies leftover from Chinese New Year and some mascarpone cheese & cream cheese sitting idly in my fridge, it would not be a bad idea to turn it into ice creams…I bought a box of strawberry and when I reached home, I can’t wait to put my hand to start this adventure.
This is not my first attempt of making ice cream using cream cheese. In fact I have prepared the peanut butter cream cheese ice cream before. That is a good one too.. I also like to keep my chilled cheesecake in the freezer and I will defrost/thaw it when I wanted to take a piece.. Cream cheese froze well and they are good substitutes of heavy cream.
I have decided to use a food processor this time to prepare the ice cream because I wanted to process my cookies and make my strawberry purees. Since I have already dirtied the food processor, I have dumped every other ingredients into the food processor and come out this simple ice cream. Taste wise, can hardly differentiate from those sold over the counter… It is creamy as expected and incorporation of mascarpone cheese definitely make it a better ice cream.
Mascarpone cheese is a type of high fat content cheese (60%-75%) cheese usually used for tiramisu but that is not a must. Cream cheese with fat content of 45%-60% is acceptable, and of course it will not be as creamy as mascarpone cheese… I have taken these picture in a very hot day, the ice cream did melt a bit when I did my photo taking. Pardon me for that.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: Make about 1.5 litre of the Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 250 grams of cream cheese (奶油乳酪）or mascarpone cheese (马斯卡彭奶酪) or a mixture of both
- 200 grams of whipping cream (鲜奶油)
- 100 grams of condensed milk (炼奶）
- 200 grams of strawberry （草莓）
- 100 grams of chocolate cookies or any types of cookies preferred （巧克力曲奇）
- Ready made strawberry sauce for drizzling (optional and not in picture) （草莓酱）
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Place the cookies in a food processor. Blend until fine. You may not want it to be overly fine if you want something to bite. Take out for later use.
- Add the strawberry and the whipping cream, blend until puree form.
- Add the cream cheese and/or mascarpone cheese, condense milk and blend until fine. Volume may increase as air is incorporated into the batter.
- Get ready a container, put some ice cream batter. Sprinkle sparingly with some cookies crumbles. Depending on your preference, you can tilt your container to slightly make a pattern.
- If you wish, you can add some strawberry sauce but that is optional. Put another layer of ice cream batter and follow by cookies crumbles. Repeat the same until all the ice cream batter had finished. Freeze in freezer for at least 3 hours and best overnight. Served with additional cookies crumbles or strawberry sauce.。
You can pay a small fraction of price to prepare this .. Do give it a try and I am rather confidence that it will not disappoint you.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 1800 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD. You can also join the Food Bloggers and Foodies United Group Facebook Group to see more recipes.