“Kenneth is very hopeless when come to western cuisines
He does not know how to present the delicious food due to lack of exposure
But he need to submit cheesy recipe to a Chinese magazine
Facing with no choice
He cracked his head and prepare : baked chicken in cheddar sauce “
This is what i have written in one of the Australian Facebook Groups and is an honest reflection of what I thought. I have to thank that the members are very supportive and many said that it is delicious. Much appreciated for their kind comment.
Yes, in fact it is delicious. I have chosen this recipe because I can imagine the taste of the baked chicken that goes with the creamy cheesy sauce.. Since I have prepared much more sauce, I have served it with spaghetti ..
Since this is one of the common household recipes in the Western world, there is nothing much I can write here except goes straight to the recipe. I have used a recipe from a website in USA and amended from there. The original recipe uses parmesan cheeses but I have used cheddar cheeses instead.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: 4 Adult servings
Recipe inspired from: One pan Baked Chicken with Garlic Parmesan … – Gimme Delicious
Chicken Marinating and Pan Frying
- 4 chicken thighs , cut into big pieces
- Dashes of oregano or other Italian mixed herbs seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Pinches of salt
- Dashes of black pepper
Garlic Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 100 grams of grated cheddar cheeses or parmesan cheeses
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- Dashes of Italian mixed herbs seasoning or oregano
- 1 cup of double cream
- 1 cup of chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- Salt to taste
- Dashes of black pepper
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Rub the chicken tights with salt, black pepper and Italian mixed herbs. Let it seasons for at least 1/2 hour to 1 hour.
- In a pan, melt the butter, put the chicken with the skin facing the pan, pan fried the chicken until the external is set. This will prevent disintegration of the chicken pieces during baking. Set aside.
- Mixed the flour with plain water or chicken broth until well combined without any lumps. Set aside.
- In a pan, melt the butter, sauté the minced garlic until aromatic. Reduce the heat to low, add the flour roux solution prepared above followed by the cheeses. Use low heat to stir until the cheese melted and the sauce thickens. Add salt, black pepper and Italian herbs, stir until well combined and off the heat.
- Lightly rub the baking casserole with some butter, place the chicken pieces and add the sauces until it cover at least half of the chicken. Note that since i have no big casserole dish, i have to use two dishes but it is still slightly congested with all the chicken pieces. If you have big casserole dish, please use it.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven of 180 degree Celsius for at 25-30 minutes. Timing will depend on the size of chicken pieces. The ultimate test is to pierce a skewer onto the thickest part of the chicken. If there are no blood water oozing out and that it be pierced through easily, it is considered as done.
- After your baking, it is possible that more meat juices were excreted and cheese melted and become fats causing the sauce to become rather watery. You can transfer all the juices to a pan, add a bit more flour roux solution and stir until it thickens again to your desired consistency . Drizzle this sauce over the baked chicken when serving.
If the picture appeals to your good self, do give it a try.I knew my pictures do not do justice to the deliciousness of the dish.. Rest be assured that the sauce is very delicious. Remember that if it turns watery after baking, just add a bit more flour solution to thicken it over the stoves..
If you like the post and think that the recipe is of help to you, please click on any advertisement and I may be earning 1-2 cents with each click to finance to blog. Your click will not lead you to malicious website as they are all governed by Google Inc. You can click and leave the site after entering without leaving any trails. You have no obligation to do so but it does help bloggers to share more recipe. Cheers and have nice day.
You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.
You must log in to post a comment.