This is a slightly healthier cheese recipe.. It is a gluten free recipe designed for those who are have gluten intolerance..
Wait, having said that, it is equally delicious for every body… After you read through the recipe, I am sure you will concur with me it is a delicious piece of chocolate tart..
For the base, I have used the gluten free biscuits that I have prepared yesterday. The biscuit prepared wholly using almond meal is not only gluten free, it is also diary free, fatless and egg less.. If you are interested, you can refer to recipe 2 of How About An Eggless, Butter Less, Milk Less Chocolate Almond Cup Cakes?
If you are not interested in using this as the base, you can refer to the this post for a normal biscuit base using short crust pastry- Thanksgiving 2013 is approaching–How About A Zebra Pattern Baked New York Cheesecake
Unlike other cheesecake that have some flour in the cheese batter, I have omitted the plain flour for the sake of this recipe.
As for the creaminess, instead of using heavy cream or normal cream, plain yoghurt was used.. This will substantially cut down the calories. To enhance the flavour of the chocolate, Baileys Irish Cream was added.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: Prepare a 9” round cheese tart
- 250 grams of cream cheese (soften at room temperature)
- 150 grams of plain yoghurt
- 80 grams of brown sugar or castor sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder (not in picture)
- 1/4 cup of Baileys Irish Cream (optional)
Normal biscuit or short crust pastry
- 60 grams of self raising flour
- 130 grams of plain flour
- 60 grams of castor sugar
- 80 grams of unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 egg
Gluten Free Biscuit Crust (no picture)
- 2 cups of almond meal or almond flour
- 1 cup of water
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degree Celsius and lightly greased a tart tin.
- For Normal biscuit or short crust pastry, please refer Thanksgiving 2013 is approaching–How About A Zebra Pattern Baked New York Cheesecake for the pictorial instruction.
- For gluten free biscuit base, mixed the almond meal, water, sugar and cocoa powder until a thick paste is form. Press the thick paste into the greased tart tin following the shape of the tin. Pre-bake the tart shell for about 12-15 minutes until the tart shell starts to harden.
Preparing the filling
- Cream the soften cheese and brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the yoghurt and egg. Beat until well combined. Add the cocoa powder and Baileys’ cream. Beat until well combined. Pour the batter over the pre-baked shell and bake in the pre-heated oven of 160 degree Celsius for about 20-25 minutes or until the tart has set. Off the heat and leave the tart in the oven with the door ajar for at least 15 minutes for completely cooking. Chill for another 1-2 hours before slice for serving.
I am sorry that the pictorial illustration is not complete as I am preparing 3 recipes in one morning. I hope it is clear and if you have any doubts, do let me know . This is a nice cheese tart. Do give it a try and let me know if this is what you are looking for. Finally, I hoped that this recipe who benefit those readers who are on a gluten free diet for need a cheesy indulgence.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have a nice day.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP to see more recipes. Currently there are about 11,500 members sharing various food photos . I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.